Kecel Cold War museum in Hungary

zoltan

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well worth a visit, 148 km South from Budapest. Over 3000 pieces of tank, armour carriers, radar, trucks, planes and small arms. The museum was set up by the Kecel Works owner, the items were "gifted" by the Hungarian State.

http://pintermuvek.hu/en/hadtechnikai-park/

Attachments

• iphone pics trip 2001 365.jpg
    iphone pics trip 2001 365.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 466
  • cold war2.JPG
    cold war2.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 486
  • iphone pics trip 2001 off road.jpg
    iphone pics trip 2001 off road.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 439
Took a look in on the way to Croatia, also just as we were about to leave the guy in charge beckoned us to follow him ?? He took us to a building at the end off the main compound that turned out to be the Handgun Museum, which we would have missed otherwise.
P1030893.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm slightly necroposting, but is it possible to visit that as someone who doesn't speak Hungarian apart from basic tourist phrases such as "how much", "do you speak English/whatever", "thanks" etc!

I'm slightly necroposting, but is it possible to visit that as someone who doesn't speak Hungarian apart from basic tourist phrases such as "how much", "do you speak English/whatever", "thanks" etc!

I see now is open Mon to Sun from 10 - 1600 hrs. You pay £4 entry fee and you are on your own once inside. There are description on the hardware but no guide was present, you are not allowed to climb or fiddle with the hardware . I suggest you take some water and some food, the place is over 3 hectares. Nice restaurant in the village ( goose liver was amazing ) and a HD Club. Have a good trip.
Drop a email here muzeum@pinterworks.hu for more info.

Back
Top Bottom