Dangerous zones

daytripper!

Reaction score
Some yrs ago i bought a Zumo350LM and, as i am off to France next week, i apparently need to swop safety / speed camera warnings for dangerous zones. The unit is as bought and poss not even map updated (just enter destination and yet to have a prob!) so any advice welcome, eg: you'll be ok / just learn how to update your maps and the latest version will be legal in France / just turn off the safety camera option on the.... / your fcuked and need a new satnav / other? Thanks!

I have a Garmin 10% off voucher code going spare if you want to update the maps.

Lifetime maps or one off maps are a different thing alltogether than the speed cameras, the speed cameras are a yearly subscription. You may have gotten one free update with the nav for the maps, just download garmin express to your pc/mac and connect your nav and express will tell you if there is a free or indeed paid for map update, your safety camera zones will be a seperate subscription or a paid for one time only download, go to https://www.garmin.com/uk/extras-camera-alerts/ for more info.

Updated garmin maps stop you using France speed alerts.

Subscribe to pocket world gps

All France speed cameras :)

Really mine worked just fine with the latest maps, well they did in June at any rate. unless you mean the speed camera locations and not the hazzard zone warnings

As Lee said, Garmin (in order to follow French law) dropped their service whereby they pinpointed the location of French speed cameras.

That did not preclude them - nor is it illegal - allowing the devices to display warnings as to 'Hazard zones' which may well correspond to the site of speed cameras in France.

French Law also allowed the location of speed cameras to be pinpointed on a map. But hey, who has maps these days?

Enjoy your holiday.

Back
Top Bottom