Basecamp and MotoGoLoco ?

Snowy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
First, although I'm brand new to Basecamp, I AM trying with it and I'm being patient and methodical. If nothing else, please cut me a bit of slack for effort!

I'm working out day-trip routes on MotoGoLoco for my biking/camping trip to the Loire next week. When I transfer the route from MotoGoLoco as per the instructions to my 590 (via Basecamp) and recalculate it, it ends up stupidly different (please see the 2 screenshots). Basecamp is up to date.

It's clearly me not doing something but I naively thought it would be simple, so any helpful advice on what I need to change please?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 12.47.11.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 12.47.11.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 267
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 12.48.10.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 12.48.10.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 279
The data file from motogoloco only contains the waypoint coordinates and so Basecamp calculates the route between them acording to the preferences. You can fix it in basecamp by dragging the route (which inserts "shaping points").

Do you have the full Garmin map installed on your PC? (either download and install using Garmin Express or plug in your satnav and wait patiently whilst the mapping data are read in via the USB lead). From your screenshot it looks as though you may be using the basemap which lacks detail.

Try recalculating the route in Basecamp, with preferences set to 'fastest' and all avoidances turned off.

BTW, I would calculate an 'out' route and a separate 'return' route as circular routes can lead to confusion. They can be in the same file.

Final point, ditch Motogoloco and plot the route in Basecamp. The time you save trying to solve problems transferring routes from MGL to Basecamp would be better spent just learning how to use Basecamp. It isn't difficult to use, despite some of the comments you read on here.

Looks to me like you need to set the preferences up in Basecamp for shortest vs fastest etc

I tend to agree with Tomcat, for all its failings just take the pain and do direct to basecamp.

Contact Motogoloco for support. They have an obligation to assist their customers, claiming as they do that it integrates perfectly with other operating systems.

Quote ( I AM trying with it and I'm being patient and methodical. If nothing else, please cut me a bit of slack for effort!) Slack now cut for effort, Please for the time being until you get better at using the software just use basecamp on its own, and forget about anything else, and when proficient enough move on to experimenting with others if you still want to, trust me it WILL save you a lot of frustration and anguish in the long run.
There will be a lot of people on here who will disagree whith my above recomendation.

I started using Motogoloco but never got the result I wanted. Persevere with Basecamp, it will payoff in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tutorial vids regarding BaseCamp via YouTube are the way to go.

Can you send the GPX file directly to the device without using BaseCamp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. They're very helpful. I shall persevere with Basecamp as a stand-alone and not bother at the moment with MotoGoLoco :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom