Africa Twin farkles list

Yes, without doubt the best manual throttle lock I’ve had the pleasure of using. I’ve had a Kaoko and the cheapo paddle type before, but this blows them all away, which is good considering it’s rather expensive.

Pretty much as i want it now...

Lb4Q4KRh.jpg

Fed up with the pathetic oe (not very warm) heated grips, I’ve decided to rip them out and replace them with these. Same as the Koso Apollo heated grips, just under a different name. They seem to get good enough feedback from others who have bought and fitted them to their steeds. Time will tell and I wish I’d bought these while the bike was stripped for its valve check. :blast Here we go again !!! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 9AB83BF5-DCA9-47B7-976F-30EC389AA24A.jpg
    9AB83BF5-DCA9-47B7-976F-30EC389AA24A.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 312
Nice.... I've always used the Oxford Heated Touring Grips, fitted them to every bike in the past 10 years (except the BMW R1200GSA).

Oxford heated grips have never let me down, and are very good (hot). :thumb2

Nice.... I've always used the Oxford Heated Touring Grips, fitted them to every bike in the past 10 years (except the BMW R1200GSA).

Oxford heated grips have never let me down, and are very good (hot). :thumb2

Yes, I’ve used Oxfords in the past and they’re possibly the hottest aftermarket grips, but I hate the control box now after having the neatness of a switch being part of the grip. I guess I’m kinda OCD......:D

Yes, I’ve used Oxfords in the past and they’re possibly the hottest aftermarket grips, but I hate the control box now after having the neatness of a switch being part of the grip. I guess I’m kinda OCD......:D

Yeah Oxfords do look 'aftermarket bolt on' definitely.

The latest all fitted and tickettyboo....:thumb2

TechnoGlobe heated grips...not as hot as Oxfords, but a lot warmer than Hondas efforts and pretty neat.

Pivot Pegz...got these used from Daffy, feel great, look great and a great price too. :beerjug:

Fork tunnel air damn...used from Daffy also. I hesitated buying one of these for years, but now fitted and doesn’t look that bad, and a great price too. :okay

Attachments

• 58DB9209-45EC-4992-8A48-3E2D293FC452.jpg
    58DB9209-45EC-4992-8A48-3E2D293FC452.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 272
  • F3EAB7EE-CF04-415D-AE14-B6C80718A195.jpg
    F3EAB7EE-CF04-415D-AE14-B6C80718A195.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 305
  • 8C833E80-0496-499D-96A7-49FAE9106B50.jpg
    8C833E80-0496-499D-96A7-49FAE9106B50.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 285
That bike needs to come off-roading with me...

That bike needs to come off-roading with me...

I am an off road riding god....you’d end up killing yourself trying to keep up. :aidan

Oh, finally figured out a way to get the last blue awkward samco hose fitted today and not even a skinned knuckle. :D

Attachments

• 1BB4648B-1295-46A4-8E25-7197B1AC12EA.jpg
    1BB4648B-1295-46A4-8E25-7197B1AC12EA.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 247
The latest all fitted and tickettyboo....:thumb2

TechnoGlobe heated grips...not as hot as Oxfords, but a lot warmer than Hondas efforts and pretty neat.

Pivot Pegz...got these used from Daffy, feel great, look great and a great price too. :beerjug:

Fork tunnel air damn...used from Daffy also. I hesitated buying one of these for years, but now fitted and doesn’t look that bad, and a great price too. :okay

Hi Davy,

Just purchased an AT with oxford grips, and although the hottest grips iv come across I hate the feel, actually how thick they are!!

Would you have any idea if those Technoglobe ones are slimmer than Oxford?

Cheers
Rory

Yes, without doubt the best manual throttle lock I’ve had the pleasure of using. I’ve had a Kaoko and the cheapo paddle type before, but this blows them all away, which is good considering it’s rather expensive.

I bought one for my Crosstourer it seemed like a great , if expensive, piece of kit but unfortunately it didn’t fit . Not enough space between the throttle grip and switchgear so I had to return it. :(

They feel just the same as the oe Honda grips....I too find the oxford grips too thick.

When I first fitted Oxford Hot Grips (years and years ago), I also found them too thick. But I stuck with them anyways.

Ever since, I've always had them fitted to every single bike, and got used to them in no time. This also has the added benefit that all my bikes feel the same, and the kits only every cost around £45 to buy. Much cheaper than OEM, and in most cases better from what I've heard.

The only bike I didn't fit them to was my BMW GSA which already had the OEM factory fit option, and luckily those are good as well.

Back
Top Bottom