Winter riding & c@#%ing battery posts

wessie

Reaction score
Triumph Explorer now ready for winter. Tucano Urbano muffs fitted. Heated seat fitted - low setting is barely noticeable, high setting too warm for the low of 9C today. Heated grips were too hot on the low setting today. Wore summer gloves inside the muffs and was cosy.

Fitted the Keis heated gear lead direct to the battery - cheapskate factory wankers have battery fittings with just a bolt and non-captive nut and of course little access to hold the nut. Sorted the neg side easy enough and then snipped the ring terminal on the pos side so I could just slide it into place.

70 mile ride using the new Neotec helmet which is lovely - so quiet compared to the XR1100.

With all the heated gear (grips, seat, waistcoat & insoles) the TEX will make quite a good winter bike for touring. The PITA in the summer heat off the engine will be welcome in winter too. I've booked some time off at Easter so time to start planning.
The R1200RS will be used for commuting as the TEX is a bit top heavy, wide and less nimble in traffic.

(seems this post was a bit rich for a certain forum and saw me banned when I suggested the Admin was overzealous with his subjective enforcement of some very vague posting rules)

Back
Top Bottom