New Guzzi V85 looks good.

Not a bother - approx 1 to 2 mins tops for fixing , rest will be pumping time (USA system with no glue , soft inserted mushrooms is what I use ..... am sure it had a fancy name , purple writing ...............)
Sorry I wasn’t clear yes I know tubeless is easy and quick I was thinking he had the wheel out and whipped the tube out :D

Sorry yes Convert to tubeless :blast

I used 3M 5200 Marine sealant and adhesive. Put a blob on each spoke head and leave for 12hours, after which a skin has formed over the sealant. You can then shape and press it gently to fill the spoke well.
I then used 3M 4412 adhesive sealing tape. No need to wait for the sealant to fully dry just go straight on. Fix something up so you can balance and spin the wheel whilst applying the tape. Take your time and get the air bubbles out as you go.
Preparation is the key, make sure the rim is super clean before commencing the job. I used brake cleaner.

You will obviously need new valves. It's best to start the job when you have the valves, the tyres can then be pumped up and the pressure will help to seal before everything sets.
I would leave the original rim protector out as this can shift around the rim now it's sat on nice slidey tape and can block the valve. You then have to remove the wheel again to get the protector out. DAMHIK. I bought a tyre pressure monitoring kit, which was £42 and works very well. Tyres have worked faultlessly, apart from a puncture of course.

Total cost to seal the wheels was around £45. plus my time. There are a couple of useful videos on You Tube.

I used 3M 5200 Marine sealant and adhesive. Put a blob on each spoke head and leave for 12hours, after which a skin has formed over the sealant. You can then shape and press it gently to fill the spoke well.
I then used 3M 4412 adhesive sealing tape. No need to wait for the sealant to fully dry just go straight on. Fix something up so you can balance and spin the wheel whilst applying the tape. Take your time and get the air bubbles out as you go.
Preparation is the key, make sure the rim is super clean before commencing the job. I used brake cleaner.

You will obviously need new valves. It's best to start the job when you have the valves, the tyres can then be pumped up and the pressure will help to seal before everything sets.
I would leave the original rim protector out as this can shift around the rim now it's sat on nice slidey tape and can block the valve. You then have to remove the wheel again to get the protector out. DAMHIK. I bought a tyre pressure monitoring kit, which was £42 and works very well. Tyres have worked faultlessly, apart from a puncture of course.

Total cost to seal the wheels was around £45. plus my time. There are a couple of useful videos on You Tube.

great thanks for the explanation im going to do the rear of my Africa Twin before my trip :beerjug:

Might try this on my Eldorado as well. Although the wheels are tubeless their habe been reports of "leakage" from the spokes when the O rings dry out. Would still love a set of Jonich wheels though.

V85 (and others) Meet

Don't know if this has been posted already. Anyone going to this, other models also welcome and going to be supported by Moto Guzzi and local dealer.

Attachments

• V85TT Meet Poster.jpg
    V85TT Meet Poster.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 813
Some more info:
Event T-shirts are now available in six designs, in every V85TT colour, so owners can choose one to match their motorcycle. They will be produced in limited numbers.

The price is £15.00 GBP each collected at the event or £20.00 GBP each including post and packing via Royal Mail, worldwide.

Please order through our enthusiasts, non-commercial website: www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk/445079122

All profits will go to the Papworth Hospital Cystic Fibrosis Unit, Cambridge, England.

1 year old, 14500km

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1584749510854.jpg
    FB_IMG_1584749510854.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 655

Methinks yer reet..

Sadly...

Why would you let a newish £12k bike get like that..

Although Guzzi have agreed a warranty replacement...

7k mls on mine, ridden all year only recently fitted a front guard. Still mint, no evidence of any corrosion anywhere.

Outcome of bugger all mud guard by the looks of it....

Lack of guard wouldn’t do that front cover any favours, but the owners lack of reasonable care is the main contributor to its condition.

Bet he gurned like fek to the dealer......:augie

One of the best screens I ever had on my F series of bikes & my 1200's..
And have one to go on my current 700GS, as I've just fecked my Wunderlich Vario screen.. :tears
Hopefully it will be as good on the V85TT..

:thumb

The Spanish owners views on the new screen...

I had Guzzi's high windshield and I didn't think it was very effective.
With Givi's, everything changed: in the city with him low or without the top, perfect.
On a raised highway it is very effective in the wind.
In short: Happy with the change!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1585179768912.jpg
    FB_IMG_1585179768912.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 503
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1585868084756.jpg
    FB_IMG_1585868084756.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 414
And have one to go on my current 700GS, as I've just fecked my Wunderlich Vario screen.

Ash - which Givi screen is that?

And have one to go on my current 700GS, as I've just fecked my Wunderlich Vario screen.

Ash - which Givi screen is that?

:thumb

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200403-132850_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200403-132850_Gallery.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 971
A medics steed in Italy..

:bow...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1586435910754.jpg
    FB_IMG_1586435910754.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 908