New Guzzi V85 looks good.

Yes please...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210109-203249.jpg
    Screenshot_20210109-203249.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 446
Yes please...[/QUOTE

This what the guy put on a V85TT site

My wife and I are self Isolating in our little RV in a park at Carmel by the Sea - CA.
Loaded the V85tt on the back hitch for our only transportation.
We are riding these awesome roads during the day and play music in the evenings. Sleep - Eat - Ride - Nap - Eat - Play Music - REPEAT.
If there any Guzzi riders in Carmel / Monterey that would like to show us some great roads (social distancing observed).
please Messenger me.
We will be here till February 10th.

Carmel used to be a nice place/area. Would imagine it’s littered with RVs all doing the same thing at the moment. One of my plans is a long bike trip from somewhere like Carmel up through Canada (Vancouver, Rockies) and onto Alaska. V85TT would be an ideal bike for such a trip?

v85tt update

Apparently according to MCN, they are updating the v85tt to include outer rim spoked wheels so tubeless can be run as well as some other mods including more low and top end torque and extra riding modes and heated grips.

Wrinkly Owlie will kill me for this but after watching all these posts about tubeless rims I got quite enthused but then someone reminded me I'd ridden 800Gs's and GSA's for 10 years around Europe without ever failing to get home. Is it a big issue if you've got some slime on board?

On another topic I've just got a pyramid plastics hugger for the 85TT. The instructions give dire warnings about needing to put heat on the swing arm bolts for at least 5 minutes before releasing them to mount the hugger bracket. Is it that big an issue does anyone know? Have they used araldite?

On another topic I've just got a pyramid plastics hugger for the 85TT. The instructions give dire warnings about needing to put heat on the swing arm bolts for at least 5 minutes before releasing them to mount the hugger bracket. Is it that big an issue does anyone know? Have they used araldite?

I fitted my hugger today. The bolts you refer to are encapsulated from the factory with thread lock. The heat is needed to soften the thread lock and/or expand the casing to make the bolts easier to remove. I just waved a heat gun at the casing on its 600c setting for five minutes or so. The casing was warm to the touch but the bolts came undone easy enough. T40 bolts.

It’s fitting the new Allen headed bolts as supplied that’s not so easy. The bracket you fit masks the head of the upper bolt somewhat meaning you can only get either a long thin Allen key on (and then it won’t be straight on) or a very very short one. I cut down the the short leg of a 6mm Allen key so it was only 5mm or so long. That goes on but it’s a sixteenth of a turn each time on a tight fitting thread, with lots of thread resisting turning and against the old thread lock. I put blue loctite on my bolts as that’s all I could get today. The restricted access means there’s no chance of getting a torque wrench on the bolts either. Torque is 25nm so tightish but not gorilla tight.

Hugger looks neat anyway. I reckon it’ll do a good job.

Wrinkly Owlie will kill me for this but after watching all these posts about tubeless rims I got quite enthused but then someone reminded me I'd ridden 800Gs's and GSA's for 10 years around Europe without ever failing to get home. Is it a big issue if you've got some slime on board?

If it didn’t worry you on the GS/A why would you worry now? It’s just a personal thing, some people prefer one or the other.

I think my almost obsession with tubeless tyres comes from once being stuck at Betty Hill with a puncture. It turned out to be a hell of a day,(Not in a good way).

Good news is, I've left my recently converted tyres for around a week now, inflated to 50lb. Still airtight.

I have just done my own tubeless conversion of the wheels following watching YouTube. Have held pressure for several days and looking positive. Has cost £40 to do both wheels with “platinum coat” spray and 3m tape

Attachments

• 33E58CBD-51C3-409F-9996-DB3ACA68319D.jpg
    33E58CBD-51C3-409F-9996-DB3ACA68319D.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 519
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1612731918157.jpg
    FB_IMG_1612731918157.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 498

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210208-094014.jpg
    Screenshot_20210208-094014.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 462
:D.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210208-095759.jpg
    Screenshot_20210208-095759.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 454
Ah, but does the lego one have tubeless tyres ?
Like it, shall we club together to make a bulk purchase as it seems there is quite a following for the V85 on the forum. LOL

Back
Top Bottom