I'm liking the new Guzzi V85 :cool:

Attachments

• v851.jpg
    v851.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 3,716
  • v852.jpg
    v852.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 3,772
Agreed a good looking machine with proper headlights. All bike style needs is a pair of round headlights.

I rather like that. Ok, maybe not the red frame but I'm sure a tin of satin black would sort that

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Looks good, somehow though ruggedness seems to give way to styling - I know it’s not really an off roader but that bash plate looks very half hearted to me.

Yes I came here with the same news just a bit later :rob

Great looking bike and sensible size too. Love the bold colours and overall styling, it looks right :thumb

Not as nice as the new Enfield Continental gt650

Attachments

• royal-enfield-650-cc-bikes_827x510_41510070957 a.jpg
    royal-enfield-650-cc-bikes_827x510_41510070957 a.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 3,427
Proper Guzzi's are big block, the engine to 'rest of bike' ratio just works visually.

At least this is heading in the right direction in that respect, not sure about all the angles though

I rather like it!

The real test will, of course, be seeing it in the flesh, followed by getting a test ride (which means a bit of a wait I believe).

Proper Guzzi's are big block, the engine to 'rest of bike' ratio just works visually.

At least this is heading in the right direction in that respect, not sure about all the angles though

Mmmmmmmmm I'm very interested in owning something like that, needs the big block like you say.

The paint scheme adds to the angles . That colour scheme would look loads better for example if those thin black stripes were missing. The White / yellow looks a bit odd with the red frame too. I reckon it would look better in a single colour , perhaps like the satin olive green colour of the Stelvio or a nice metallic black.

It's a shame it's not got a bit more oomph. I love the Supermotard kit you can buy for the Griso.

I am not a fan of the scrambler styling that is the current vogue, I was hoping that the new V85 was going to be more of a baby Stelvio.

I am not a fan of the scrambler styling that is the current vogue, I was hoping that the new V85 was going to be more of a baby Stelvio.

i think if you took the knobbies off it looks more like a mini Stelvio than a scrambler , it looks like a Tiger / F800GS kind of bike . The wide tank and engine plus a decent sized proper screen (which no doubt could be increased in size) make it a much better all rounder than a lot of the scramblers .

It's lost the CARC suspension system so presumably the rear shocks control suspension jacking under power.

Hopefully its got a wider usable rev range than the old 2 valve Breva 1100.

Style is ok. At least its not styled to be ugly like the BMW 1200 LC Adventure.

It's lost the CARC suspension system so presumably the rear shocks control suspension jacking under power.

Hopefully its got a wider usable rev range than the old 2 valve Breva 1100.

Style is ok. At least its not styled to be ugly like the BMW 1200 LC Adventure.

The small blocks never really had the CARC system, witness the V7 and V9 models. The later big block 4valve engines have a wider range of power and quite a bit of top end but those who had the older motor like yours reckon its more torquey than the 4valve?

Mmmmmmmmm I'm very interested in owning something like that, needs the big block like you say.

The paint scheme adds to the angles . That colour scheme would look loads better for example if those thin black stripes were missing. The White / yellow looks a bit odd with the red frame too. I reckon it would look better in a single colour , perhaps like the satin olive green colour of the Stelvio or a nice metallic black.

It's a shame it's not got a bit more oomph. I love the Supermotard kit you can buy for the Griso.
It’s getting a new engine, with apparently 85BHP, which is a big step up from the V7 and the V9s. If it not too tall and not too heavy could be very interesting.

It’s getting a new engine, with apparently 85BHP, which is a big step up from the V7 and the V9s. If it not too tall and not too heavy could be very interesting.

Yes I'm aware of that but I reckon 95-100bhp is the sweet spot IMHO. My 1200 Sport has 102bhp and although I ally enjoy ocassionally using the 133bhp of my VFR I never feel short changed if I ride the Guzzi it's got enough power to get a serious wriggle on if you want to. I still keep coming back to this thread to look at the bike. I'm hoping it will be at the NEC? The more I see it the more I like it. It looks significantly different from things like a Tiger, F800 etc to be as you say very interesting :thumb

I do fancy a Turban but I prefer the taller Adventure stance and loftier looking riding position of this bike . It's probably not going to be as good as an Africa Twin but again it's more interesting and probably more engaging :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom