New Guzzi V85 looks good.

I had mine in for its first service last week at Teasdales. They needed it stone cold so we stayed the night in Thirsk sampling it’s various hostelries. Nice. No real problems with mine other than some PDI related matters with various nuts and bolts coming loose but only on the dealer fitted items: crash bars loose, pannier frames not lined up properly and a bolt missing, bar end fell off. I am also still awaiting panniers, high seat, fog lights, and MIA device. They should all be here soon.

Just had a call from Andy (owner) at Teasdales. He rode it from cold this morning, agrees there is a major fault with the clutch. he's heard back from Piaggio and they've said OK to swap the clutch. I'm not sure but it could be an engine out job.
All the parts are available so shouldn't be to long.
They've lent me a KTM 790 Duke for the duration. Not my sort of thing but quite a nice thing to ride, despite being one of the ugliest bikes I've ever laid eyes on. Only about 70mls from the dealers, boy was my arse numb by the time I got back home.

84e43325bf7cc78c202df8353f077a5e.jpg

Just borrowed one while my V7 is in for a service. Nice bike with great suspension. And feels much lighter than my R1150 GSA though but not as good. IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine back from the dealers today. Full new clutch, flywheel and associated bits and bobs. First service carried out and running like a goodun.
It appears a faulty clutch plate at assembly was the problem. Thanks to all at Teasdales Thirsk. Dropped the bike off on the 9th, engine and gearbox out to diagnose the problem, parts ordered and all rebuilt. 17days and no drama, good service I think.

They lent me a KTM790duke for the duration,. Rode it home,put it in the garage and left it there till I rode it back today. 67mls, it felt like a proper journey and was very glad to get back on the V85.

Full QD exhaust system to fit tomorrow.

I got all my parts, at last, at the end of last week.

The MIA interface, or more specifically the Moto Guzzi App that you download onto your phone to operate everything from seems to have a massive bug in it. The phone and bike pair up nicely, the software all works, you can select the Navigation feature and maps appear, choose somewhere to navigate to and the directions appear on the dashboard. Select some music on your phone and the track appears also appears on the dashboard. You can control it all with the side button. BUT and its a big but, i don't seem to be able to pair my Sena headset with the bike. You are supposed to do this through the app but when I select the "manage devices" page a second or two after loading it crashes the whole app. I haven't found a way of getting voice instructions from the app to my headset, and I have tried every possible Bluetooth profile. Its annoying really rather than the end of the world and it will probably all be fixed with a bug fix to the app in the next few weeks. I guess its also all part of the Guzzi experience. I am trying to enjoy that side of things too. The bike remains fantastic. Off to France on it next week so should have done with the nav.

I know it's only an App and not essential but I had hoped that Guzzi had remained a software free zone :)

A rather nice composition of exhaust system fabrication by Mistral for the 85TT.
Pic from Mistral.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1570826965803.jpg
    FB_IMG_1570826965803.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 537
2020 colour.

Sand. I like it! :thumb2

Attachments

• BA43AFE4-9F81-462B-90B3-5460DF49D5B5.jpeg
    BA43AFE4-9F81-462B-90B3-5460DF49D5B5.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 417
Most notably, the 2020 bike gets a striking new paint scheme which Moto Guzzi is calling Sabbia Namib. In Italian, Sabbia means sand, so I assume Moto Guzzi is trying to evoke images of the golden sands of the Namib Desert, made all the more eye catching by a red and black stripe on the fuel tank. It’s a colour scheme that will likely divide opinion, but for what it’s worth, I think it looks incredible.

Beyond the new paint job, the V85 TT Travel edition gets heated grips, two side cases with 64.5l of storage between them, and a pair of LED spotlights. And, most welcome of all, the motorcycle gets a larger touring screen. I tested the V85 TT at the press launch back in the spring and my one gripe about an otherwise excellent motorcycle was the tiny stock screen.

I found myself clinging onto the handlebars at speeds above 60mph as the wind smashed into my body and face.
Thankfully, Moto Guzzi has addressed this with a screen that is 60% larger than the original.

The V85 TT is already a very good adventure touring bike. However, when you combine the standard motorcycle’s 23l fuel tank, shaft drive, cruise control, all-day comfort, and punchy engine that oozes character, with the additional special edition accessories, you have a bike equipped and ready to take you on your next adventure straight from the dealership floor.

https://www.adventurebikerider.com/moto-guzzi-v85-tt-travel-edition-revealed-for-2020/

Attachments

• 05_V85_TT_Travel-e1572978708892.jpg
    05_V85_TT_Travel-e1572978708892.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 893
Showing at EICMA Milan.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1572985495546.jpg
    FB_IMG_1572985495546.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 868
  • FB_IMG_1572985489526.jpg
    FB_IMG_1572985489526.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 855