New Guzzi V85 looks good.

I wouldn’t but, because it’s his/ her own bike they can do whatever they like to it.
Each to their own. Life would be dull if we all liked the same things.

This is, of course, all true. My question was something of a throwaway comment but I genuinely don't understand the thinking behind this conversion. Does it add anything functionally or aesthetically? Quite the opposite as far as I can see.
Compare it to the one where the guy substituted a Givi carrier for the twin headlights. Done to shed weight & provide directional lighting the finished product, for me, retained the character of the bike & didn't look half bad.
Does changing something on a bike need to make it more functional or asethtically pleasing? What looks good is subjective but change just for the sake of it is IMHO pointless at best and dangerous and/or hideous at worst. (Is customising pointless, discuss...).
So yes, absolutely each to their own. But that doesn't mean that others will understand (or even like) what you do.

I doubt he/she did it so others would “understand or like it.” Customising is obviously a very personal thing and long may it continue without worrying about other people’s opinions.

Massafra, Province of Taranto, Italy

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1614031653970.jpg
    FB_IMG_1614031653970.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 292
Sad post on Facebook Moto Guzzi up UK page..

You would of thought by 2021 Piaggio / Guzzi would of got their act together :blast

:(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210224-215634.jpg
    Screenshot_20210224-215634.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 227
To be fair I think there are a lot of issues re COVID and brexit that we don’t see or understand until it affects us by such an example of getting a part or something imported that is delayed. It isn’t just Italian bike bits

To be fair I think there are a lot of issues re COVID and brexit that we don’t see or understand until it affects us by such an example of getting a part or something imported that is delayed. It isn’t just Italian bike bits

Your probably correct..
But it's 2021 & Guzzi should of got quality right by now...
Too many new bikes with problems...

The main reason I didn't but one last year..
Bought a 700GS instead as I know for the most part will be trouble free.
But should I have a hick up, I see no problems with getting parts..
Can't see Covid or brexit stopping BMW getting parts...

I love Guzzi's, I have two..
Its a shame they can't get their act together as I'm sure I'd have just a Guzzi as my only bike otherwise.
And the V85TT would be it..

Ash....I have had a Guzzi V85tt since last July, done 6000 miles and no issues so been really enjoyable time. Have to say the only known ”issues” have been wheel stickers, nuts vibrating free (they have sorted presumably by slight locktite) and oil weeps through shaft drive seal which was overfilled oil. Nothing major and the finish is pretty good. Guzzi not as technological or fast as the bmw but it is a very enjoyable biking experience. Not perfect but pretty good for the money
I had numerous bmw in the past and remember the suspensions fails resulting in bikes deemed lethally dangerous and not able to ride, and fitting steering dampers due to stability concerns, and was it something about fork yolks on the gs and gsa which was the latest. And I myself had 2 problems with engine paint corrosion on my bikes which were less than 12-18 months old....my last was the reason for getting a refund on the bmw and swapping to the v85tt and bmw uk and the dealer didn’t understand my annoyance at their attitude after having issues with a £17k bike.....so when you say it’s 2021 and Guzzi should have it correct by now I do question that bmw seem to have some more significant issues.....although their warranty backup comes to the rescue ....but shouldn’t have to if they got it right at manufacture. Although it does appear to be their flagship bikes, and the f750 and 850 and some other bikes don’t seem to have the manufacturing problems of their bigger brothers
It would appear that all the manufacturers have issues .....Ktm with engine oils leaks, Africa twin with its spokes and wheels and sure there are lots of others
Have to say when I bought the Guzzi that heart did overtake head and I did worry after buying it “what had I done and was I mad” but so far (touch wood) I am loving it. It is nowhere near as fast as ktm, Ducati or Bmw with their 135- 165bhp but the only likelihood for me with one of them in this day and age would be losing my licence or losing my life
Everyone to their own and we are all different......owning a Guzzi is certainly a different experience and pleasurable so far and long may it continue
Happy riding guys

About 200miles after taking delivery, my first V85 started to make a very concerning graunching (is there such a word?)sound
when initially setting off. Definately clutch related.
Long story short, the dealer (Teasdales) advised it would be OK to ride until the first service.
It turned out to be a slightly warped clutch plate, fitted during assembly. It's an engine out job to replace the clutch:eek:
Anyway, problem was diagnosed, new clutch ordered and fitted, bike fully serviced FOC, and returned to me. Turn around was 17 days. I was more than happy.
I believe owning a modern Guzzi is as much down to the dealer you choose as anything, for problem free ownership.

I also got into Guzzi ownership after continued negative experiences with BMW.

My last one and my new one (coming to me next Tuesday) both have 4 year warranties.

Hi Wrinckleyowle. Good to hear the positive experience. I suspect you are right re the dealerships but they dont have swanky bmw showrooms but then again you do pay for that in a roundabout way. I think Teasdales have probably paid the extra warranty to gain sales. It is certainly a positive sales ploy a bit like Kia did with cars. Standard the Guzzi comes with 2 years warranty but at any time in the first 2 years you can extend the warranty by 1 or 2 years but there is a cost. I think it is about £350 for a 2 year extension which is fairly reasonable seeing as being bmw charge a lot more than that for 1 year

On the whole i am very happy with the Guzzi....big smile when i ride it.....and looking forward to this summer

I am joining the V85 club next week!! I enquired at Wheel Peterborough about extending warranty and was quoted £155 for one year or £249 for 2 - seems very reasonable considering the numbers I have seen for BMW! Just not sure if worth extending or not and currently not sure what is covered by this warranty

Hi Jon...I'm not sure how they work it? There was no discount to be had on the V85 Centenario, but the 4 year warrenty and first service have been included in the list price, i.e. £11,400.
My current red and white V85 has only 1137 miles on the clock, has had it's first service. I was given slightly more in P/ex than some dealers are asking for new bikes.
I have heated grips, engine bars and a centre stand on my current bike. Rather than swap them over onto the new bike, they will fit brand new items on the new bike, at no extra cost.

I was a bit naughty yesterday and went over to Teasdales for a look at the Centenario. I was invited, I'd tested negative that morning and I've had my jabs. Full social distancing rules and masks where implemented. ( just trying to justify my possible irresponsible behavior )

It looks stunning in the flesh and the pictures really don't do it justice.

I am joining the V85 club next week!! I enquired at Wheel Peterborough about extending warranty and was quoted £155 for one year or £249 for 2 - seems very reasonable considering the numbers I have seen for BMW! Just not sure if worth extending or not and currently not sure what is covered by this warranty

Enjoy RJT, they are a cracking bike.

I was a bit naughty yesterday and went over to Teasdales for a look at the Centenario. I was invited, I'd tested negative that morning and I've had my jabs. Full social distancing rules and masks where implemented. ( just trying to justify my possible irresponsible behavior )

Keep it quiet, I can feel the heat from the pitchforks...

NOBODY could realistically argue with any of that....:thumb

My understanding is the Peterborough dealer offers a lifetime warranty if you have it serviced with them....

Back
Top Bottom