Mount help

Timbo1965

Reaction score
I have a Garmin 660 on my GSA. It's on the original Garmin mount that has a load of cables hanging out of it. I've cable tied them out of the way for the moment, but wondered if there was an alternative mount that is power only or if I can cut the other cables off safely.

Don't cut the cables off, it's just lazy.

Run them back a bit, cable tied to the powerlead or some of the other leads / pipes that clutter the bike. Then loop into a tidy loop and cable tie the loop somewhere out of sight. Takes five minutes and scores 1 out of 10 on the difficulty front. They can then sit there quite happily until you come to sell it or the bike.

OK, after some research and looking at the new bike. There's a 12v socket just by the bars. Is there any way of splicing in the car type 12v plug into the bike mount ? and removing all the cables.

I've seen a conversion kit from Japan that removes all the wires except the power cables. Has anyone ordered from WEBIKES ?

I recently purchased a used BMW mount from Motorworks, chopped the plug off and spliced into the switched live of my non-BMW machine. This way I keep the original 660 mount for eventual resale.

Back
Top Bottom