Ducati 250 Desmo Rebuild

Brilliant Ebbo
This has been one of my must view threads, thanks is for letting us into your build world.

You must be so chuffed :friday :friday

Very chuffed indeed Oldrat. we were both very nervous about starting her up, but Dave does seem to have magic boots. A couple of months back he kicked off a Commando with one kick and he'd never started one before, he was the right man for the job

Was he wearing carpet slippers? If not, it doesn't count. :D Grand to see that and what a lovely bike.

Woo hooo indeed, made my morning that has! :)

Thanks everyone, I did outsource a lot, looks like I need to outsource the revcounter next because as soon as you rev up the needle dances all over the place :D

They all do that, sir!

First start up after 45 years, this is my mate Dave doing the start as he has magic boots and I wanted to film it. That puff of smoke cleared instantly, it was just some 3in1 oil I'd put down the bore when I first got it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZtdBkpRN_ns" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What a fantastic thing it is, well done!

Woo hooo indeed, made my morning that has! :)

They all do that, sir!

Were they as bad as this Simon!! lol :blast

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Im35Cm9pVZ0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks everone :bow

Well done for getting finished. It sounds sweet. Those rev counters still pop up as new old stock. I think the same 50mm ones are used on some BSAs.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Well done for getting finished. It sounds sweet. Those rev counters still pop up as new old stock. I think the same 50mm ones are used on some BSAs.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I wish it was so easy. There are five for sale right now on ebay, minty brand new old stock but they are the far more common 12k RPM dial (mine is 10k, I know :rolleyes: why be so fussy!). Quite a few British bikes had the small 60mm clocks but face and gear ratios (CTM-Cable turns per mile) vary quite a bit. It’s easier and cheaper to get it serviced at Gaggs than mess around trying to find another.

Thanks every one :thumb

Bit of an update, the bike passed its MOT today. It's been entered into the system against its frame number, engine numbers, colour, make, engine size ect. I just need to fill out a V55/5 with the relevant information and send it off with a cheque. Hopefully it will retain its original registration but if it has to have a new age related number so be it.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 394
At the test center, brakes work, lights and horn work, needs fuel line clips fitted, no problem :thumb2

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 395
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 388
Thanks everyone, I did outsource a lot, looks like I need to outsource the revcounter next because as soon as you rev up the needle dances all over the place :D

On a trip from Manchester to Wisbech waaaay back in the mid 70's, the rev counter needle on my 250 began to operate backwards and then fell off. Fortunately, Mick Walker had a rev counter in stock.

Looks about ready for a run down to the coast whilst the weather is still good ebbo. Bring it this way and park it on the Marine Drive. Grab an ice cream whilst I drool all over the Desmo....:thumb2

On a trip from Manchester to Wisbech waaaay back in the mid 70's, the rev counter needle on my 250 began to operate backwards and then fell off. Fortunately, Mick Walker had a rev counter in stock.
This I can relate to, my revcounter has a mind of its own and bounces around madly :D

Looks about ready for a run down to the coast whilst the weather is still good ebbo. Bring it this way and park it on the Marine Drive. Grab an ice cream whilst I drool all over the Desmo....:thumb2

Might be two weeks away from getting the registration done but I’m looking forward to it :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom