Iceland tyre and any other tips

hi222

Reaction score
Hi All,

As per my last post i'm going to Iceland next summer. I'll mainly do the Ring road with side detours as I go dependent on time and conditions. I just wondered if standard road tyres will be sufficient or a mid road/trail tyre is more advisable.

Any advise would be much appreciated on the above or any other advice on touring Iceland

many thanks

If you use something like a Tkc80 for example you may be more inclined to venture further from the main road.
Presume you're using a GS so the most important tip is don't take the kitchen sink.

As for tips, read the ride reports.

Depends on the side roads! The ring road itself is better than most U.K. roads. I hired a GS from Biking Viking and that was fitted with Karoos which handled a bit of off-road really well and were still decent on the road too. Personally I run TKC70 here which is a good compromise.

On all 3 trips to Iceland I fitted tkc 80. Good enough onroad, better then most for gravel. Always best when travelling if you are the weakest link, and not your tires...

I had tkc80 on my GS last trip. All issues experienced were down to my inexperience not the tyres. All the good bits were down to Tim’s guiding and leadership!

Well thanks Joe, but the OP hasn't bothered to return to this thread and answer what bike he's riding so he can run slicks for all I care :D

hi there, sorry for not replying, I must have missed the question asking me what bike I'm riding. I'm riding a gs adventure. also thanks to all for your replies

Back
Top Bottom