Chester Motorrad

Any update on what is happening to Chester Motorrad?

I see Rybrook at Shrewsbury have started doing bikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last update i had is that Chester motorrad is to close for good and KTM taking over .No 2 mills move

Thought they might have sent some information to their customers?
Only been using them since May last year but had intended to use them for my service this May?

On the move

So I believe it’s July ... but not to 2 mills for ...god knows how long .. planning permission seems to be a challenge !
The current plan seems to be to squeeze it in with cars on sealand road, chester .. opposite a Starbucks ( so will suit you sir ) until they build on the Wirral.
Interesting thought ... who will spanner for them ... no bike techs currently employed by HJ ... but I’m sure they have a plan :rolleyes:

Thought they might have sent some information to their customers?
Only been using them since May last year but had intended to use them for my service this May?

They will still be able to service your bike. Even AFTER they go to KTM. I was there this week (I used to be a tech there). ANY garage can service your BMW. It doesn't affect your warranty as long as they use genuine parts.

They will still be able to service your bike. Even AFTER they go to KTM. I was there this week (I used to be a tech there). ANY garage can service your BMW. It doesn't affect your warranty as long as they use genuine parts.

:blast Dear God...don't get them all going on about THAT again.... :augie

Sometimes the manufacturer also agrees that although they are no longer an authorised dealer selling bikes they can continue to service and maintain bikes as an official dealer for a period after, perhaps the replacement dealer is fully set up. They are will still have all the necessary equipment, trained staff and BMW may still supply them with all the genuine parts they need.

Hopefully Chester Motorrad will let their customers know what is happening officially before they go??

If they are going I will probably go to Shrewsbury depending what they seem like, being part of a car dealer isn’t always the best combination

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I worked at Chester for 8-9 years. I'm probably one of the most experienced BMW guys on the Wirral. If not the only one.

I'm currently spannering at Marriotts in Birkenhead. We are doing more and more BMW's all the time. Because I have the knowledge and the tooling. And they have the large established business.

Being in Birkenhead, we have kept our labour rate at £70PH. I think all other main dealers of all franchises are now £100+

This is very true BUT .... you watch a customer wrinkle there nose when you say it’s not “ full main dealer history “ !!

This is very true BUT .... you watch a customer wrinkle there nose when you say it’s not “ full main dealer history “ !!

Agreed.

Fine for an old jalopy, but a mixture of stamps from 'Spendthrift MOT Centre, Carlisle' and Johns Body Repairs' just doesn't work on a modern bike for the majority of buyers.

Take it to who you want if you're keeping it, but the peanuts you'll save on servicing will kick you in the wallet come sale time.

Agreed.

Fine for an old jalopy, but a mixture of stamps from 'Spendthrift MOT Centre, Carlisle' and Johns Body Repairs' just doesn't work on a modern bike for the majority of buyers.

Take it to who you want if you're keeping it, but the peanuts you'll save on servicing will kick you in the wallet come sale time.

I have to support the amazing independents doing a better, more thorough job than most main dealers ... BUT ... most billies ( customers ) have been programmed to only accept main dealer stamps, regardless of age of vehicle .. it all a load of bollocks but that the f..ked up world we live in !

Back
Top Bottom