Chester Motorrad

gspod

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking for reviews of Chester Motorrad please.

I'm looking at a second hand bike they have for sale, I won't be using them for servicing etc...

I've seen poor reviews from a few years ago. the bike looks to have very good providence and, I guess with a 2 year warranty they would be above board - worth checking though I think.

Many thanks for any input :beerjug:
D

Hi plenty reviews on FB re Chester Motorrad, not all good I'm afraid. I wouldnt go there, as they are apathetic, they dont really want to help. Mind you I think that can be said about many main dealers. I have used Bowker Mottorad in Preston, they seem a lot better and I have a good relationship with them now. What bike you after, I still have a mint R1200GS LC 2013 tucked up in the garage which will go on sale once the weather picks up. £8100.00 Good luck with your search.

I know nothing of Chester Motorrad but....

If the bike is right and at the right price it should not be a problem.

They are in the BMW dealer network and as such should be OK with any warranty stuff ( they make a little money out of warranty claims)

Servicing wont be an issue for you so...

Buy it and fear not

I bought a used one from there last year which came with the 2 yr warranty. I've not had to call on their services (fingers crossed) yet, but from my warranty dealings with them over my other BMW, (which didn't come from there), they sorted it for me, as they should. So I can't fault them. One of the salesmen, Steve, is a member on here.
(Not much help I know, but it's difficult to measure a service when nowt goes wrong, and we only see their bad sides when it does go wrong)

:beerjug:
Phil

A few years ago, I would have said avoid them - both Harley and BMW, as I had problems with both bikes that they seemed to be unable to finally fix. Both new bikes too.

However, I like the guys there and am very tempted to give them a try again.

Steve is a great guy but, in all fairness, it was service that were the problem then.

I've had 5 bikes from them and never had an issue at all. They had some service problems a while back, all got resolved. Steve is on here, and he is great bloke. All my dealings have been with Paul Hodgson and Chris Baines, they've never given me reason to look anywhere else. I drop in for a brew when I get the chance to, there's always a bit of banter. I can only say as I find, 10/10 from me.

Thanks for all the quick replies :beerjug:

Must say I had a long chat with Paul and he seamed a genuinely nice chap so I'm glad the reviews have come back positive.

thats your best bet ,go there and talk to them face to face to see if they live up to YOUR expectations. everyone is different so expectations will differ. I also agree if they had the bike i wanted at the price i wanted to pay, id be buying it from them regardless if the salesman is a twat.

They wouldn't give me a test XR1000 something about an IRE licence.
Nipped over to Southport and no problem getting a bike.

I've used them since 2011 when i got a GS Triple Black, no problems, always helpful on the few occasions i needed, sold the 'old' GS to get a New 2018 GS, happy to do business with them, i've heard of the ' grumbles', but i have never had a problem.

Just wish the weather and dirty roads would clear so i can get miles in.
Bob.

I've used them since 2011 when i got a GS Triple Black, no problems, always helpful on the few occasions i needed, sold the 'old' GS to get a New 2018 GS, happy to do business with them, i've heard of the ' grumbles', but i have never had a problem.

Just wish the weather and dirty roads would clear so i can get miles in.
Bob.

Sounds like you may want to sell your 2018 next year looking like new .

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

Convert

After being a loyal customer of Williams Manchester, for a few reasons I’ve given Chester a try .... and I have to say the service is exceptional... Harry on service really is very good.. Chris Baines is the man to speak to ... and just be honest with him about your concerns over buying a bike from them.

Have a look at the official BMW website it will give you the new and used prices over all of the Mottad dealers. The only thing I can say about Chester is due to the positions of the bikes on the small sales floor it can be hard to get a decent look at them but as with any other BMW dealer the 2 years warranty will be good. Ive used Manchester BMW on two occasions over the last three years and they have been good to deal with, given me the two year warranty, 12 months road tax and a discount on additional items without having to haggle.

The Showroom situation is changing and should be ready March April time iirc, the old Cottage that was just used for bike Storage has been demolished and the Showroom is being split over two levels, all arty farty and open plan as per BMW's "vision".

Can only echo what others have said, am local to them and in the past the service i found was poor, but in the last 2 yrs they really seemed to have upped there game, Harry always happy to help with parts and service and Steve on sales the same:thumby:

The Showroom situation is changing and should be ready March April time iirc, the old Cottage that was just used for bike Storage has been demolished and the Showroom is being split over two levels, all arty farty and open plan as per BMW's "vision".

The redevelopment will also give BMW customers there own entrance.... no more having to mix the Harley brigade

Back
Top Bottom