Keep megamat/SIM dry on bike?

jojitsu

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, for my May camping trip in Scotland I'm planning on strapping my new slumit cub 2 tent and large self inflating mat (same size as a megamat 10, but £20 off Amazon) on my pillion seat, up against my top box.. I don't think it matters if the tent gets a bit wet, but I don't want the SIM getting wet..

Unlike my SIM, the megamat comes with a waterproof stuff sack: so I'm on the look out for something similar. I've seen some 80 litre dry pack liners but they're a bit too short and wide (my SIM is about 78cm x 30cm when rolled)..

Any suggestions where to find something suitable?

Cheers.

Ikea (blue) carry bag, strong & very waterproof

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Good suggestion there, the lomo looks good IF it's long enough.. I've got loads of the Ikea bags, didn't ever imagine they're waterproof! Great idea, and lightweight too, I'll try it! 😉

AIRFLO 60 looks spot on, nice one.. I'll try the ikea bag idea but if I'm not happy with it I'll probably go for the airflow.. 😉

A roll top bag is a pain with just the end opening,
better off with the full opening top Lomo bag..

What size does it roll down to? I have an Exped downmat which folds down nice and small and is real comfortable.

What size does it roll down to? I have an Exped downmat which folds down nice and small and is real comfortable.

78 x 25cm on paper.
I know the exped mats are good, but they are not as comfy as my mat and are a lot more than £19. Always on the look out for one on a good deal tho.

Back
Top Bottom