700 Tenere

45 mpg is at the extreme.

I routinely get 360kms with 2 litres to play with on my commute , so thats either low gears or bombing it!

I would expect close to 400kms for 16l on a trip.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Incase anyone might be tempted...

Stay a million miles away from off-the-road.de

Bunch of liars and customer service is shockingly bad.

Incase anyone might be tempted...

Stay a million miles away from off-the-road.de

Bunch of liars and customer service is shockingly bad.

They must have gone downhill fast then because I’ve never had any problems with them. Two examples of good service are one where my 660 Tenere spat the baffle out of its exhaust when I was in southern Germany, I was riding home via the Hook of Holland so phoned and asked if they had a baffle in stock. They did and they loaned me the tools to fit it plus supplied me with coffee while I did it. The second was when my wife purchased a pair of Hepco & Becker panniers from them and the lock on one pannier started to cause problems so they sent a new one out before I’d even removed the original.

They even spoke very good English which is always a plus point when buying from Europe.

Have had a chat with an owner - Thanks Tufty - MPG is 65 real world up to 80 when pottering around at 50/55 mph.
So as I suspected.

Have had a chat with an owner - Thanks Tufty - MPG is 65 real world up to 80 when pottering around at 50/55 mph.
So as I suspected.

That sounds more like it. About the same as the Tracer 700 I had a couple of years back from memory.

They must have gone downhill fast then because I’ve never had any problems with them. Two examples of good service are one where my 660 Tenere spat the baffle out of its exhaust when I was in southern Germany, I was riding home via the Hook of Holland so phoned and asked if they had a baffle in stock. They did and they loaned me the tools to fit it plus supplied me with coffee while I did it. The second was when my wife purchased a pair of Hepco & Becker panniers from them and the lock on one pannier started to cause problems so they sent a new one out before I’d even removed the original.

They even spoke very good English which is always a plus point when buying from Europe.
Long story short...

I bought the hymec magura hydraulic clutch conversion in october. They stated easy fit and no mods. That was false advertising as you have to snip and rewire the clutch switch. Then when i got to the end the actuator wouldnt work. Rang them and they more or less said it was me and i should have got a pro to fit it! Anyway a week later they admitted that they sent the wrong part. I returned the incorrect item in November and they said they would send the correct part straight away as they had it in stock. Mid january and still nothing so i mailed for an update. They said they had it and would get to me in order!!!

Mid feb and still nothing so i mailed again, now they say they dont have it but will send it as soon as they get it.

Ive been twice refused credit or a refund. They also stated they wont be bound by the arbritation decision.

So some false advertising and nearly 4 months later i still dont have my part. Its with the eu now.

Long story short...

I bought the hymec magura hydraulic clutch conversion in october. They stated easy fit and no mods. That was false advertising as you have to snip and rewire the clutch switch. Then when i got to the end the actuator wouldnt work. Rang them and they more or less said it was me and i should have got a pro to fit it! Anyway a week later they admitted that they sent the wrong part. I returned the incorrect item in November and they said they would send the correct part straight away as they had it in stock. Mid january and still nothing so i mailed for an update. They said they had it and would get to me in order!!!

Mid feb and still nothing so i mailed again, now they say they dont have it but will send it as soon as they get it.

Ive been twice refused credit or a refund. They also stated they wont be bound by the arbritation decision.

So some false advertising and nearly 4 months later i still dont have my part. Its with the eu now.

That’s not good. It’s about 3 years since I last dealt with them and as I said earlier, they were very good but staff can change as can attitudes. It was only a little workshop with an area about 25’ square to hold parts so not a big company but that could be completely different now and they may just be a tiny cog in a big evil empire.

That sounds more like it. About the same as the Tracer 700 I had a couple of years back from memory.
Agreed, also similar to my wife’s TDM900 which is why I asked the question. Bit of a strange review all round in my view.

Just done a long review after a test ride and lost it trying to log in :blast:blast:blast - I’ll re do it if there’s any interest, let me know

Just done a long review after a test ride and lost it trying to log in :blast:blast:blast - I’ll re do it if there’s any interest, let me know
Ive 7000miles done on mine, be interesting to compare..

Mine is arriving next Tuesday 😁. For people looking at buying one as a price guide it’s come out at around £9400 including the rally pack, crash bars, heated grips and a main stand. It’s got 212 miles on it.

I'm interested. Do it in Word first (or something similar) then copy and paste it into here. That way you won't lose it. :thumb

That’s not good. It’s about 3 years since I last dealt with them and as I said earlier, they were very good but staff can change as can attitudes. It was only a little workshop with an area about 25’ square to hold parts so not a big company but that could be completely different now and they may just be a tiny cog in a big evil empire.

If you bought it with a credit card put the problem onto them. I'm certain you'll get the correct parts of a refund very quickly if you.

Nice video thanks for posting it Wreford. It sounds nice so that isn't a stock exhaust is it?

Mine is arriving next Tuesday . For people looking at buying one as a price guide it’s come out at around £9400 including the rally pack, crash bars, heated grips and a main stand. It’s got 212 miles on it.

£9400 including Rallye pack, crash bars, heated grips and main stand?

£9400 is the cost of the basic bike with no add ons.

That's Ivan Boano on the T7 - both him and his brother Jarno are pretty handy on 2 wheels :bow

• 14 ISDE gold medals,
  • 3 world championships with the Italian national team,
  • 4 European championships ,
  • 7 Italian titles.

Both were official Honda and Husqvarna drivers.

Their father Roberto was a Honda factory Dakar rider as well :bow

All of the family are fantastic to spend time with, having ridden with all 3 of them - even Roberto, who is now in his seventies is still a very active rider (he prologued the Gibraltar Race last year) and watching him throw an Africa Twin up a mountain is still a sight to behold. Mind you, having a girlfriend half his age probably keeps the blood flowing strong :D:D:D

£9400 including Rallye pack, crash bars, heated grips and main stand?

£9400 is the cost of the basic bike with no add ons.

Yup. Bike had 260 miles on it. I put a deposit on it sharpish and they were inundated with calls apparently. Bike turned up as described and in immaculate nick.

Back
Top Bottom