700 Tenere

New SM Pro wheels with Bartubeless system for my T7 with lovely stainless steel spokes. :thumb2

Attachments

• 210A57C9-5C40-47F2-9609-94F7CE5855AD.jpg
    210A57C9-5C40-47F2-9609-94F7CE5855AD.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 318
Where did you get these? Would you be able to post a link?

They are from Rally Raid.

If you go to their website and into their T7 section you’ll find them there. I did the wheel exchange option which is cheaper than buying them as a stand alone item. :thumb2

Thanks Tricky. Will have to look into the wheel exchange option!

Wheels

Hello
One other option is Haan wheels purchased through Central Wheel components (contact Harry Bradley).Haan manufactures is own cnc aluminium hubs inox stainless spokes SM pro rims .
Harry did a good deal and when the time comes I can fit the original standard wheels
and sell the nice Haan tubeless wheels
.Just another way instead of splitting the original wheels and having to let them go when you sell the bike and having spare original Yamaha rims that are surplus?
Just had look £1000 against £1300 for the Haan
Rgds Allan

Last edited:
Hello
One other option is Haan wheels purchased through Central Wheel components (contact Harry Bradley).Haan manufactures is own cnc aluminium hubs inox stainless spokes SM pro rims .
Harry did a good deal and when the time comes I can fit the original standard wheels
and sell the nice Haan tubeless wheels
.Just another way instead of splitting the original wheels and having to let them go when you sell the bike and having spare original Yamaha rims that are surplus?
Rgds Allan

Any pics of your wheels?

Hang on JB, hang on just a minute......I read elsewhere, from you I believe, that suspension would be ‘needed’ to make the bike more......well, more.
All of a sudden there’s a “squirrel” moment when someone puts a pic up of nice shiny bits.....haha.

They do look nice though.....but no, I don’t need them either.

Haan

Haan use their own cushdrive and apparently standard size industrial bearings on the wheels.
I did price up the Yamaha hubs but adding all the bits £700 plus at EU prices
(Yamaha USA 50% of that?)
I noticed Central wheel did a nice set of wheels for the Africa twin ,so rang Harry and he said they did not at the moment do anything for the T7.
They did work with Haan (supplied IKnox spokes to them.) so maybe could strike a deal with their hubs .Deal struck and received a nice pair of wheels with all tubeless tyres fitted ready to go.

Rgds Allan

Hang on JB, hang on just a minute......I read elsewhere, from you I believe, that suspension would be ‘needed’ to make the bike more......well, more.
All of a sudden there’s a “squirrel” moment when someone puts a pic up of nice shiny bits.....haha.

I like shiny wheels
The suspension will be done in early 2021 - RR open cartridges on fork and 90nM rear spring for starters

Hello
I have Haan black hubs
Excel rims (upgrade from SM pro Central wheel preferred rim)
Central Wheels air tight tubeless conversion
Inox stainless Brass nipples
Heindnau K60 scout tyres( £160)
Just shy of £1400 .

Hello
I have Haan black hubs
Excel rims (upgrade from SM pro Central wheel preferred rim)
Central Wheels air tight tubeless conversion
Inox stainless Brass nipples
Heindnau K60 scout tyres( £160)
Just shy of £1400 .

Nice, especially with the Excel rims - do they use a rubber band to seal the spokes?
Is the rear a 4.5 Excel rim?

I like shiny wheels
The suspension will be done in early 2021 - RR open cartridges on fork and 90nM rear spring for starters

Sounds nice. I’m thinking of a 90nM spring in the rear and some set up time with Martin at Torque Racing. I know that he and RRP have worked together on various projects over the years.

I like shiny wheels too but I’m not sure if it’s a must have....a bit like a Scorpion end can. The list gets longer even though I’ve bought a few bits.

Unsprung weight is always the enemy so lighter wheels help but they’re not a cheap option because you’ll still need to upgrade the suspension if it was mediocre from the start.

Personally I’d go for additional wheels rather than exchange ones because they give you the option of having different tyres and a different sprocket ready mounted and you can sell them separately when you get rid of the bike.

Unsprung weight is always the enemy so lighter wheels help but they’re not a cheap option because you’ll still need to upgrade the suspension if it was mediocre from the start.

Personally I’d go for additional wheels rather than exchange ones because they give you the option of having different tyres and a different sprocket ready mounted and you can sell them separately when you get rid of the bike.

Indeed. I agree. I’m just not sure that I need much more than a heavier spring to support my weight. For the kind of riding that I have in mind anyway. If I was going to go and do a couple of Rallye Raid events on it then I’d definitely be looking at lighter, stronger wheels etc etc. But I’m not, been there done that.....I think.

I was picking up on a thread started by JB on another forum asking if the Tenere is the bike that he wants it to be. The fact that it needs money thrown at it to bring it up to par. That’s all very subjective obviously.

Sounds nice. I’m thinking of a 90nM spring in the rear and some set up time with Martin at Torque Racing. I know that he and RRP have worked together on various projects over the years.

I like shiny wheels too but I’m not sure if it’s a must have....a bit like a Scorpion end can. The list gets longer even though I’ve bought a few bits.

Torque Racing will be doing mine
90nM rear spring will reduce static and ride sag, meaning the benefits for proper shock travel can be evaluated

Excel 2.15 front Excel 4.25 rear.
I have fitted 90 nm spring and have 60mm sag with only 3 clicks of compression.
Best £85 you can spend on the bike.
I am also interested in RR open cartridge but £720.Any feedback most welcome
I will be able to fit myself which is a bonus ,so no labour.
Maybe KTM mitch could do a group buy for all interested parties.
He gets lots of use out of another FREE forum ,must be worth a try;)
Other vendors offer a forum bonus.

Rgds Allan

I am also interested in RR open cartridge but £720.Any feedback most welcome
I will be able to fit myself which is a bonus ,so no labour.
Maybe KTM mitch could do a group buy for all interested parties.
He gets lots of use out of another FREE forum ,must be worth a try;)
Other vendors offer a forum bonus.

Rgds Allan

Worth ago Allan, as I’m sure there are quite a few who are thinking about RR open cartridge, but has been asked before, no positive reply. :nenau

Back
Top Bottom