700 Tenere

I ordered a T7

I placed an order for a T7 yesterday from Arnolds, Burton on Trent. :bounce1

I'm the first order they had - he said 2 had been ordered in Loughborough.
£250 deposit.
Blue only, sadly - I like the red.
Delivery could be as early as February 2019.
The Stealer sed the price is not known but hopefully below £9k (lest we forget, the Pound is runaway down the Brexit ski-slope....)
Incidentally, he said that Yamaha are only delivering to order, no demos or dealer stocks. There better not be any test rides on mine before they connect the speedo cable...

BTW there are great photos on www.Tenere700.net

I placed an order for a T7 yesterday from Arnolds, Burton on Trent. :bounce1

I'm the first order they had - he said 2 had been ordered in Loughborough.
£250 deposit.
Blue only, sadly - I like the red.
Delivery could be as early as February 2019.
The Stealer sed the price is not known but hopefully below £9k (lest we forget, the Pound is runaway down the Brexit ski-slope....)
Incidentally, he said that Yamaha are only delivering to order, no demos or dealer stocks. There better not be any test rides on mine before they connect the speedo cable...

BTW there are great photos on www.Tenere700.net

Price is £8400 OTR so pretty reasonable if it rides ok

And might even be out by 2020

Here we go again Yamaha - lets's see what a ridiculous horlicks we can make marketing our tasty looking new T7. OK, it's a tad heavier than expected for the 700 twin, so maybe there is a T9 triple around the corner.

You know your competition well, as you are late to the game. Then you tie the dealers hands with no demos, orders only. Do they just lack confidence in the product, or are they trying to suggest it's such a rare & desirable nugget that everyone will fall over themselves to commit without a test ride.

Probably me, but I see a repeat of the Super10 campaign. Good enough bike the old S10, reliable if a tad heavy but after huge Dakar success, they failed to capitalise & handed the market to BMW.

The T7 will be at the Adventurebike rally in July for test rides on and off road.

Cheers Dave.

im a big yamaha fan, and i think their Tenere 700 launch at EICMA was a joke, very lacklustre, no enthusiasm for such an import slot if their lineup. ( and yes, i did tell yamaha europe )

Yamaha have been quiet re the bike, not showcased any real insight to the bike imo. Vids and stats are all fine, but its been poor.

its as if they want it under the radar, go figure.

plus its taken way too long to get it to showrooms - something went on i reckon behind the scenes, but im not sure what.

Nice shite road test...

Supposed to be a journalist but has not ridden the KTM 790 and most of the video is him effectively just reading out the spec sheet but even then when it comes to tank range he waffles out something that is fucking useless

But is the ktm £3600 better !

A question still un answered because the supposed journalist has not ridden the KTM, where the feck has he been the last few months. And I’m guessing that’s not film off him riding because if he can ride like that he would have ridden the KTM already.

...and he’s supposed to have ridden 350 miles on the 700!

That said he might have wrapped up with a brilliant summary but I stopped watching after the tank range waffle :D

re the Tenere 700 , here is an in depth and very plausible review by Simon Hargreaves of Bikesocial

LINKY:
https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/reviews/bikes/yamaha/yamaha-tenere-700-2019-review-price-spec

ive ridden a lot of bikes and the engine form the MT07 is nothing but pure fun ! :bow

i still think WTF to get this bike to the market, regardless what the project designer has said

- imo the ktm 790R is stupid money , 15250 euro here in IE - fuuuurk off, its not that good is it ?! The Yam will be appx 11k euro here i think. Id like to see a real in depth review of the ktm vs the Yamaha - id still not buy the ktm, its just too expensive.

static1.ashx

scenic-jump.ashx

I was looking forward to this but disappointed by the dull offering at NEC. Now I’ve seen the white one I’m back and interested, change of colour can do wonders for some bikes and this is one of them

Makes promising reading. I wonder what the PCP terms will be? Nearest similarly priced bike is the MT-09 ar circa £2k down and £95 per month. Not AT deals as was but not too bad..

I gave up waiting and ran a Tracer 700 for 18 months or so. That was fun and darty and easily did distance work. If it had a weakness it was the suspension which was poor on broken up tarmac. Predictably, totally reliable. No real need for electronic riding aids but then you could say the same for a lot of bikes:thumb

I too love the engine so without spending megabucks let's hope this one is half as good as the reviews.

It should give many years of good (dual purpose if ya want) service.:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom