700 Tenere

@ Arsey

tks for posting the piece by MCN 's Michael Guy, he's an off-road vet and knows his stuff. Its all positive enough.

I gave up waiting and ran a Tracer 700 for 18 months or so. That was fun and darty and easily did distance work. If it had a weakness it was the suspension which was poor on broken up tarmac. Predictably, totally reliable. No real need for electronic riding aids but then you could say the same for a lot of bikes:thumb

I too love the engine so without spending megabucks let's hope this one is half as good as the reviews.

It should give many years of good (dual purpose if ya want) service.:thumb2

funny, i rode the MT07 naked when it cmae out, couldnt stop grinning ! How did you find th TRACER 700 with the fairing and did you ride it 2up ? Whats the tank range like ?

Not when you’ve paid in full for your Urban and Husaberg and the money box doesn’t stretch to £8399

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sell something, then
I might have to, if the Tenere 700 is that good

@ Arsey

tks for posting the piece by MCN 's Michael Guy, he's an off-road vet and knows his stuff. Its all positive enough.

funny, i rode the MT07 naked when it cmae out, couldnt stop grinning ! How did you find th TRACER 700 with the fairing and did you ride it 2up ? Whats the tank range like ?

Slightly longer wheelbase so not quite as wheely happy but not far off. Yeah, had the touring screen too. Took the main blast off overall protection OK, certainly better than naked but not in tourer territory. Rode it two up on a couple of afternoon rides and it was OK but I wouldn't recommend it for any distance, not enough room, overwhelms the rather cheap suspension. Used to fill up at 150 and plenty left. I reckon 200ish range easily enough. Good package IMO.

Slightly longer wheelbase so not quite as wheely happy but not far off. Yeah, had the touring screen too. Took the main blast off overall protection OK, certainly better than naked but not in tourer territory. Rode it two up on a couple of afternoon rides and it was OK but I wouldn't recommend it for any distance, not enough room, overwhelms the rather cheap suspension. Used to fill up at 150 and plenty left. I reckon 200ish range easily enough. Good package IMO.

tks for that. Im looking for something mid range, with the odd two up possibility the odd time.

im gonna get another "big" bike but just want to relax for a bit. The MT7 tracer does sound likes its a v good all round bike, and suspension sorted would transform as per reviews etc.

tks for getting back to me :thumb2

tks for that. Im looking for something mid range, with the odd two up possibility the odd time.

im gonna get another "big" bike but just want to relax for a bit. The MT7 tracer does sound likes its a v good all round bike, and suspension sorted would transform as per reviews etc.

tks for getting back to me :thumb2

No worries, very enjoyable bike sold to help purchase of 1250:eek:

Tracer will do the occasional 2 up but something like a Versys 650 is better at the job on a more full time basis, a bit more grown-up/boring if you catch my drift.:thumb

If it's the 700 make sure it's white

Oh yes

Competition White is a classic Yamaha colour.....Had it on my first new TY175 Trials in 1979 and then later on a Majesty 200 Trials
My current Yamaha TYZ Trials pays homage to Competition White

Reviews certainly seem positive.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5MrZzVOroPE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reviews certainly seem positive.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5MrZzVOroPE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is a very long video and I don’t like the childish nature of the 44teeth guys normally but like you said it was a very positive review indeed and the price is excellent . I didn’t like it at all at the NEC but as per Gooners comment a change in colour does something for it and at that price there would be plenty of cash left over to add lads of baubles and trinkets . It’s amazing to think for the same price as 1250TE you could buy 2 of the T700 and still have £2k left for farkles .... or a biking holiday / adventure !!!

I met 3 guy with Tracers last year , one was a new 700 , and both of the 900 owners reckoned that their mates 700 was much more fun . One of them was seriously considering imminently trading down to the 700 as he also said the engine was just a peach , it was more economical and rarely got left behind.

Could end up being the go to travel bike that one.

Relatively simple and cheaper than the so called premium opposition.

I do like this bike, it makes a very sensible proposition for riding trails and the mile munching to/from/between.
I fear it may be a bit podgy though to pick up solo in muddy ground which makes up a lot of uk green lanes.

Between this and PR7....hmmm.

Could end up being the go to travel bike that one.

Relatively simple and cheaper than the so called premium opposition.

Most definitely ! Yamaha know how to make reliable rugged bikes and this is no different from previous Tenere , with its intention and attitude to getting the job done . Great looking bike too especially from the front

I like this guy and his road tests are normally pretty decent

http://www.brake-magazine.com/review-yamaha-tenere-700/

Oh I do wish I hadn't watched that video, not that I would be doing any off road but it's weight and price are very appealing, pity it doesn't have dct :p

Yamaha 700 Tenere

Hello Chaps
Is anybody going the UK launch ABR festival 12th July (away on holiday) for a test ride,I am interested to hear what you think ??
Sometimes journalists don't feed the whole truth back to the masses,they might not get invited back for a free lunch.:augie

Back
Top Bottom