700 Tenere

What do you want , just a frame and an engine?

From an owners perspective its one of the most thought out and best put together bikes ive ever bought and ive bought a fair few at this stage

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
If you don't mind me asking did you buy local or go over the water?

Test rode it, liked it, ordered one.
Cracking bike, all the qualities I was expecting and actually a bit better. Lovely engine, I like the look of it, fits my lanky frame with the rally seat, adjustable suspension and no gizmos that I would never use anyway.
Delivery will be March now, happy to wait as lots of other stuff going on right now and I’ll ride my MTB in the meantime.

March you say, at least you've been told that, I've been told nothing though tbf, I'm not overly fussed about this time of year now anyway.

March you say, at least you've been told that, I've been told nothing though tbf, I'm not overly fussed about this time of year now anyway.

Me too, I could have had one this week................a white one

But I am away early Oct on the GS and once back the opportunities to ride it in late Oct/early Nov could be a lexicon...............so no point having it sat in the garage

Just got a call there, told October at latest. They have had 8 orders of which 2 have dropped out and I was last to order so have obviously jumped up the list. He told me any new orders now would be March, tbh I'd prefer not getting mine til then now but it is what it is I guess.

Only from sitting on it in the shop, the seat felt pretty firm and slim. Has anyone done a 200 mile journey and can report in the comfort?

Test rode one today for the first time, very impressed.

Seat as firm as a firm thing but almost unnoticeable after a while, power is very good for the size of it's engine and very light, wondered where it had gone as I left the shop after riding my Adventure sport, only downside is the stupid filler cap but there must be a reason for it cause it took them years to design and produce so you'd have thought someone would've said something about it.

It's a yes from me.

I got a T7
The rally seat transforms the bike comfort wise but does make it tall
It neeeds a bit bigger screeen IMHO
I am very pleased with mine that i traded a AT for
Although it is down on power compared to the AT it's much more nimble and fast enough
The AT wins on comfort but the T7 is a lot more fun to ride and quicker on a back road...Plus the T7 is much better off road
The CP2 motor is a little peach and is well suited to the T7
Try one out ...I think you will be surprised how good it is

Owned bike for 3 days, total of 350 miles bikes fitted with rally seat.
Traveled on single track green lanes B roads ,filled bike up covered 180 miles 5hrs on seat backside ok.
Other info purchased bike from first owner he sold with 1000 miles on clock, went back to ktm 790 r.
Very easy bike to ride feels light easy to move around, solid well made.

Taken yesterday
29a75a54264724869ce7a4c19cb1ae4a.jpg

It gets my vote. KTM have lost me this time and I’ve had 5 orange models on the trot.

Attachments

• BB16E20F-0730-4D97-9E41-661B2AE55C7D.jpg
    BB16E20F-0730-4D97-9E41-661B2AE55C7D.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 573
been to CMC Chesterfield to have a look, they cant get enough of em, no demo, great looking bikes and good price, going to keep the AT and use the 700 for off roading, really fancy having a go at the TET

been to CMC Chesterfield to have a look, they cant get enough of em, no demo, great looking bikes and good price, going to keep the AT and use the 700 for off roading, really fancy having a go at the TET

I traded my ATAS in today and I'll miss the DCT box but no way will I miss the size and weight of it, great bike to ride but at 5.9 I found it a struggle physically.

I like JB's review earlier in the thread, that's the stuff I'm bothered about. How heavy is the clutch John, I'm scared of cable clutches as they can be draggy/heavy and I get manic tendonitis/pump in my arms from time to time.

I wonder if I should chop in the 990 Adventure and use the £4-5k its worth to put a lumper down on a PCP purchase.....I imagine it's not a good idea buying a bike that I'm certainly going to drop a few times and get charted up on PCP as it'll be worth thruppence ha'penny to a dealer after a stint on the Moors and Dales.

If only I knew a chap with one who lived local, he could have a go of my 990 and I a spin on his T7!

I like JB's review earlier in the thread, that's the stuff I'm bothered about. How heavy is the clutch John, I'm scared of cable clutches as they can be draggy/heavy and I get manic tendonitis/pump in my arms from time to time.

I wonder if I should chop in the 990 Adventure and use the £4-5k its worth to put a lumper down on a PCP purchase.....I imagine it's not a good idea buying a bike that I'm certainly going to drop a few times and get charted up on PCP as it'll be worth thruppence ha'penny to a dealer after a stint on the Moors and Dales.

If only I knew a chap with one who lived local, he could have a go of my 990 and I a spin on his T7!

I found the clutch ok for the hour I tested it and there are options to make it lighter and/or go hydraulic

Back
Top Bottom