Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 700 Tenere

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpjim View Post
    Just taken the plunge and bought this to take to the Pecos in June..can’t wait!
    Looks Good
    Road trip awaits
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Watched a video by Adv Spec and he quoted a MPG of around 45 on a long trip to Morocco - can anybody confirm or deny this?
    Thanks

getting away with it so far! Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by gspod View Post
    Watched a video by Adv Spec and he quoted a MPG of around 45 on a long trip to Morocco - can anybody confirm or deny this?
    Thanks
    You should have chatted to Harvey last Saturday.

He's amazed how many he miles he's getting to the tank. Can't remember the figure but it's very impressive.

Let me know if you want me to set up a chat between the two of you.

Quote Originally Posted by tuftywhite View Post
    You should have chatted to Harvey last Saturday.

He's amazed how many he miles he's getting to the tank. Can't remember the figure but it's very impressive.

Let me know if you want me to set up a chat between the two of you.
    Yes that would be good, thanks Tufty. I had a sit on his bike a couple of weeks ago but it was as I was leaving so no time to chat.
    I thought the MPG would be good - A’s old TDM 900 was amazing

45 mpg is at the extreme.

I routinely get 360kms with 2 litres to play with on my commute , so thats either low gears or bombing it!

I would expect close to 400kms for 16l on a trip.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Incase anyone might be tempted...

Stay a million miles away from off-the-road.de

Bunch of liars and customer service is shockingly bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydrama View Post
    Incase anyone might be tempted...

Stay a million miles away from off-the-road.de

Bunch of liars and customer service is shockingly bad.

They must have gone downhill fast then because I’ve never had any problems with them. Two examples of good service are one where my 660 Tenere spat the baffle out of its exhaust when I was in southern Germany, I was riding home via the Hook of Holland so phoned and asked if they had a baffle in stock. They did and they loaned me the tools to fit it plus supplied me with coffee while I did it. The second was when my wife purchased a pair of Hepco & Becker panniers from them and the lock on one pannier started to cause problems so they sent a new one out before I’d even removed the original.

They even spoke very good English which is always a plus point when buying from Europe.

Have had a chat with an owner - Thanks Tufty - MPG is 65 real world up to 80 when pottering around at 50/55 mph.
    So as I suspected.

Have had a chat with an owner - Thanks Tufty - MPG is 65 real world up to 80 when pottering around at 50/55 mph.
    So as I suspected.
    That sounds more like it. About the same as the Tracer 700 I had a couple of years back from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyB_11 View Post
    They must have gone downhill fast then because I’ve never had any problems with them. Two examples of good service are one where my 660 Tenere spat the baffle out of its exhaust when I was in southern Germany, I was riding home via the Hook of Holland so phoned and asked if they had a baffle in stock. They did and they loaned me the tools to fit it plus supplied me with coffee while I did it. The second was when my wife purchased a pair of Hepco & Becker panniers from them and the lock on one pannier started to cause problems so they sent a new one out before I’d even removed the original.

They even spoke very good English which is always a plus point when buying from Europe.
    Long story short...

I bought the hymec magura hydraulic clutch conversion in october. They stated easy fit and no mods. That was false advertising as you have to snip and rewire the clutch switch. Then when i got to the end the actuator wouldnt work. Rang them and they more or less said it was me and i should have got a pro to fit it! Anyway a week later they admitted that they sent the wrong part. I returned the incorrect item in November and they said they would send the correct part straight away as they had it in stock. Mid january and still nothing so i mailed for an update. They said they had it and would get to me in order!!!

Mid feb and still nothing so i mailed again, now they say they dont have it but will send it as soon as they get it.

Ive been twice refused credit or a refund. They also stated they wont be bound by the arbritation decision.

So some false advertising and nearly 4 months later i still dont have my part. Its with the eu now.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydrama View Post
    Long story short...

I bought the hymec magura hydraulic clutch conversion in october. They stated easy fit and no mods. That was false advertising as you have to snip and rewire the clutch switch. Then when i got to the end the actuator wouldnt work. Rang them and they more or less said it was me and i should have got a pro to fit it! Anyway a week later they admitted that they sent the wrong part. I returned the incorrect item in November and they said they would send the correct part straight away as they had it in stock. Mid january and still nothing so i mailed for an update. They said they had it and would get to me in order!!!

Mid feb and still nothing so i mailed again, now they say they dont have it but will send it as soon as they get it.

Ive been twice refused credit or a refund. They also stated they wont be bound by the arbritation decision.

So some false advertising and nearly 4 months later i still dont have my part. Its with the eu now.

That’s not good. It’s about 3 years since I last dealt with them and as I said earlier, they were very good but staff can change as can attitudes. It was only a little workshop with an area about 25’ square to hold parts so not a big company but that could be completely different now and they may just be a tiny cog in a big evil empire.

Quote Originally Posted by OnHellas View Post
    That sounds more like it. About the same as the Tracer 700 I had a couple of years back from memory.
    Agreed, also similar to my wife’s TDM900 which is why I asked the question. Bit of a strange review all round in my view.

Just done a long review after a test ride and lost it trying to log in - I’ll re do it if there’s any interest, let me know

Just done a long review after a test ride and lost it trying to log in - I’ll re do it if there’s any interest, let me know
    Ive 7000miles done on mine, be interesting to compare..

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Mine is arriving next Tuesday 😁. For people looking at buying one as a price guide it’s come out at around Ł9400 including the rally pack, crash bars, heated grips and a main stand. It’s got 212 miles on it.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112