700 Tenere

Taken yesterday
29a75a54264724869ce7a4c19cb1ae4a.jpg

Good looking bike Cabby :)

Yamaha Tenere t700 corrosion on spokes.

Hi, bike covered 1500 miles not used on salt treated roads, approx 20% of spokes front and rear not looking good, has any one else on forum had any problems.

Same for me, looking scabby so put in a claim through Padgetts. See what they say but not the best start when the rest of the bike is spot on

Seems common on a lot of adv bikes, what happened to stainless spokes? I suppose they're £10 a wheel dearer at point of manufacture, cuts into the margins!

Seems common on a lot of adv bikes, what happened to stainless spokes? I suppose they're £10 a wheel dearer at point of manufacture, cuts into the margins!

The metallurgy makes them less strong; more liable to breakage as I understand it. Any experts out there to confirm, in case it's another falsehood we have been spun?

The metallurgy makes them less strong; more liable to breakage as I understand it. Any experts out there to confirm, in case it's another falsehood we have been spun?
All different grades of stainless steel, think how strong medical, scientific and oceananic stainless has to be

Tried out this demo bike from Mitchells in Inverness this morning . . .

49122778836_4b73d1b714_c.jpg

S'OK I suppose, but I'll keep my F8GS for now as the two machine as so alike, to my way of riding :rolleyes:

SteveT

:cool:

Test rode the Tenere 700 today. What a smashing bit of kit. A lovely, simple, straightforward bike that I instantly felt so much at home with. Am trading in my S1000XR which, although a wonderful bike, always made me feel that I was going to end up in jail or A&E. Roll on 1st March.

Test rode the Tenere 700 today. What a smashing bit of kit. A lovely, simple, straightforward bike that I instantly felt so much at home with. Am trading in my S1000XR which, although a wonderful bike, always made me feel that I was going to end up in jail or A&E. Roll on 1st March.

Good decision.

Thing about these ultra fast adventure stylee bikes is there is no slow mode, it's either fast, fucking fast or fucking faster, I'm clearly now at the stage where I can't be arsed with stages two and three now.

Soooooo...

The age old question...stick with tubes or convert/replace wheels?!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Keep your tubes and save the money..... and pray.

been to CMC Chesterfield to have a look, they cant get enough of em, no demo, great looking bikes and good price, going to keep the AT and use the 700 for off roading, really fancy having a go at the TET

That seems a good plan I love my dct AT but it’s no lightweight

T 7 / husky 701/690 Ktm R or a cry 450L ? Not sure how light to go as I have a fair ride to lanes

Just taken the plunge and bought this to take to the Pecos in June..can’t wait!

Attachments

• AE0E235D-3016-4367-B4AA-BCB04A14917C.jpg
    AE0E235D-3016-4367-B4AA-BCB04A14917C.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 573
Watched a video by Adv Spec and he quoted a MPG of around 45 on a long trip to Morocco - can anybody confirm or deny this?
Thanks

Watched a video by Adv Spec and he quoted a MPG of around 45 on a long trip to Morocco - can anybody confirm or deny this?
Thanks

You should have chatted to Harvey last Saturday.

He's amazed how many he miles he's getting to the tank. Can't remember the figure but it's very impressive.

Let me know if you want me to set up a chat between the two of you.

You should have chatted to Harvey last Saturday.

He's amazed how many he miles he's getting to the tank. Can't remember the figure but it's very impressive.

Let me know if you want me to set up a chat between the two of you.

Yes that would be good, thanks Tufty. I had a sit on his bike a couple of weeks ago but it was as I was leaving so no time to chat.
I thought the MPG would be good - A’s old TDM 900 was amazing

Back
Top Bottom