700 Tenere

The Rally arrived today.

Very pleased with it so far. :thumb2

Love the way you’ve framed the photos :thumb but a little Vignetting would have enhanced your work :D weathers not bad, enjoy your new ride :thumb2 have you twiddled with the suspension or is it good out the box? Seems Yamaha might have changed the springs compared to the earlier bikes.

I hope to join you as Ive just done the deal on a T7RE and collect on saturday :D

Attachments

• EC449A26-12E2-4A14-83F3-F425998756AB.jpg
    EC449A26-12E2-4A14-83F3-F425998756AB.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 296
I’ve only done about 100 miles so far but the suspension seems fine for me. Read somewhere that Yamaha have designed the standard suspension for a 70-80 kg rider and I’m just above the top end of that.

Will probably have a play with it over the next few days. :thumb2

The Rally Edition gets its own version of the Rally seat, as well as the Akro, gold rims, LED indicators, bigger sump guard, alloy chain guard, radiator guard And that lovely colour scheme.

The Rally arrived today.

Very pleased with it so far. :thumb2

I do like that, I’ve new bike money set aside with the intention of waiting until I’m in Dorset before deciding what to buy but the attraction of one of these is strong :D

My head says 701 but my heart says 700 Rally

I do like that, I’ve new bike money set aside with the intention of waiting until I’m in Dorset before deciding what to buy but the attraction of one of these is strong :D

My head says 701 but my heart says 700 Rally

Ride both and see what tickles you

Decide what you’re going to be riding it on and go from there

JM from RR did the whole GWT from Dorset to Sennen in 6 days on a T7, a few weeks ago and as you know there are some snotty lanes in Devon and Cornwall (some of the most technically challenging in UK) - but he made it and he was in the company of 701’s

Best ask him, he’s done a lot of riding on 690’s since 2009 and would be well placed to comment (he’s on FB too, so you could message him direct)

RR are doing suspension stuff and tubeless wheels for T7

The guy from AS took one down to Morocco (did the same route on a CRF450L before, which he really liked
) and his conclusion was if your going to down stuff that will inevitably lead to picking the bike up on a regular basis, get a much lighter bike, but as a all round Reasonably priced dual sport Adventure bike, theres nothing better.

The guy from AS took one down to Morocco (did the same route on a CRF450L before, which he really liked
) and his conclusion was if your going to down stuff that will inevitably lead to picking the bike up on a regular basis, get a much lighter bike, but as a all round Reasonably priced dual sport Adventure bike, theres nothing better.

The 701 weighs over 40 kgs less yet makes more power .
I do like the look of the Rally above though .

Shouldn't that be the other way around, well it is for me anyway.........

Andres

I thought it was the right way around - The 701 as Arsey points out is lighter and just as powerful and I’ve ridden one after arriving on my Airhead and it was smoother than that. Plus you can get a good deal on a 2019 so the head, the sensible choice should be a 701

But the Rally looks so good...

If it was a 700, the head would also say don’t buy a Rally buy something like that one sold on here a few days back and spend the difference on bits that would make it better - But the Rally looks so good :D

Maybe what I should do is wait for Arsey to sell his long range but is it now spoilt with all the electronics...quick shifter on a dirt bike, is that going to be a benefit or a problem when you are wading :D

I thought it was the right way around - The 701 as Arsey points out is lighter and just as powerful and I’ve ridden one after arriving on my Airhead and it was smoother than that. Plus you can get a good deal on a 2019 so the head, the sensible choice should be a 701

But the Rally looks so good...

If it was a 700, the head would also say don’t buy a Rally buy something like that one sold on here a few days back and spend the difference on bits that would make it better - But the Rally looks so good :D

Maybe what I should do is wait for Arsey to sell his long range but is it now spoilt with all the electronics...quick shifter on a dirt bike, is that going to be a benefit or a problem when you are wading :D

The Rally does look good but I prefer this

abac2aa218d0cad476f95c8dbe296f52.jpg

2931790aa20f6e455c173207fa68844a.jpg

Ha, we're all different then (thank god).........

I guess my reasoning is that the Yam is gonna be bomb proof, will do everything more than adequately, and unless I'm doing LOADS of off road is the more sensible choice ~ it's a Dual Sport in the true sense of the word but ultimately a heavy, road biased bike = Head, the sensible choice.

The Husky is a reliable but requires more rider involvement and a modicum of TLC. It will be great off road and perfectly adequate on road ~ it's a Dual Sport but very biased to off road and is light = Heart, the choice I'd make.

Andres

The Rally does look good but I prefer this

abac2aa218d0cad476f95c8dbe296f52.jpg

2931790aa20f6e455c173207fa68844a.jpg

Excellent...

They’ve made it look like a T7. :D

I actually had a 701LR specced up and almost ready to buy but most of the interesting places you might want to ride it normally require a fair amount of road riding to get there (thinking mostly of Europe and the TET etc). The Yamaha just made for more sense to me and the kind of riding I want to do.

Is was a close thing mind but I’m a “systems” person so I know I’ve made the right choice. :thumb2

Attachments

• 5E3E6713-4A2D-45D6-8AE5-EB8856F917A8.jpg
    5E3E6713-4A2D-45D6-8AE5-EB8856F917A8.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 501

Back
Top Bottom