700 Tenere

I finally sat on one today.

Wow, that's TALL!

Almost certainly the tallest non-mx bike I've ever sat on, and only just do-able for me (5'11")

Well done Yamaha - I am sure the height will discourage a few potential purchasers but it will presumably create really good suspension travel.

To me the MT-07 feels a bit budget - the Tenere 700 much less so.

If I was prone to buying new bikes, I'd be signing up.

Have you sat on the ATAS ?

I'm going to have a test ride at some point and as much as I love my ATAS it's a bloody old beast and something lighter would be nice.

I finally sat on one today.

Wow, that's TALL!

Almost certainly the tallest non-mx bike I've ever sat on, and only just do-able for me (5'11")

Well done Yamaha - I am sure the height will discourage a few potential purchasers but it will presumably create really good suspension travel.

To me the MT-07 feels a bit budget - the Tenere 700 much less so.

If I was prone to buying new bikes, I'd be signing up.

Yamaha do a low seat and lowering link one
They had one on the Tenere Tour rides it was fine for people 5'5

The price differential between the T7 and the KTM790R was a huge deciding factor and the production bikes look a lot better put together than the bikes at the NEC last year.

Interesting.
Saw one today in local dealer and it was even more plasticy than I remember when I saw them at EICMA.
Looks cheap but then it is cheap (ish).

A quick Google says 875 height to 900 on the ATAS so at 5.9 if I can manage the Honda the 875 will seem low to me, bring on the test ride.

Interesting.
Saw one today in local dealer and it was even more plasticy than I remember when I saw them at EICMA.
What do you want , just a frame and an engine?

From an owners perspective its one of the most thought out and best put together bikes ive ever bought and ive bought a fair few at this stage

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Im 5 11 and no issues.
6ba7cb568f40570c1bf051fc96cba40a.jpg

Interesting.

Unlike the 790R which looks cheap but isn't :)

What do you want , just a frame and an engine?

From an owners perspective its one of the most thought out and best put together bikes ive ever bought and ive bought a fair few at this stage

Agree with all that
No electronics or modes - just a well thought out simple bike with a smoothly fuelled gem of an engine

Interesting.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I don’t think the T7 looks cheap. I love KTM’s but am not mad on the looks of the 790. If they made it look like a 450 RFR that would be another matter

So who can give a comparison between the T7 and the Africa Twin? As an AT DCT owner I'd love to hear.

So who can give a comparison between the T7 and the Africa Twin? As an AT DCT owner I'd love to hear.
I had an AT dct and had nothing but bad luck with it. Failed to start on two mornings leaving me stranded, continuously stalling when pulling away from lights or roundabouts.

That said it had brilliant torque and beat a gs lc hands down in a race. It just wasnt for me.

T7 is more focused, a little less comfortable, but brilliant craic. Yamaha thought about this bike and i dont miss technology on it at all.

I had an AT dct and had nothing but bad luck with it. Failed to start on two mornings leaving me stranded, continuously stalling when pulling away from lights or roundabouts.

That said it had brilliant torque and beat a gs lc hands down in a race. It just wasnt for me.

T7 is more focused, a little less comfortable, but brilliant craic. Yamaha thought about this bike and i dont miss technology on it at all.

That's a shame, my AT has been faultless, apart from the dull spoked wheels that were replaced without hesitation.. I had a GS LC before my AT and the power difference was a lot less than I expected: did you'd have back to back drag races with an LC on your AT, and how does the T7 compare in the engine department?

Just been to West London Yamaha for a look-see.

All three colours in stock. No doubt, red and white is the one to have :))

Bike itself looks and feels pretty good at a cursory once-over.

No demo bike and no more available until November!!

I popped into my local dealer just to have a look- they had sold all stock including the demo!!

now I understand why a dealer wants/needs to sell bikes - but selling your Demo is a bit odd ( IMO)

Next demo due in late October - He said if ordered today i'd probably get a bike around December.....

but I was just being nosey...

or was I......:nenau

Spotted one today at the Goodwood Revival - on a Dutch plate - really liked the look of it!!

It’s on the test ride list - soon as my local dealer gets a demo sorted !!

Back
Top Bottom