700 Tenere

Christ, those pannier frames :eek: It's the width of a double decker bus!

Andres

If they had just reduced the upward angle of that Akro or even the stock exhaust, they could have made those pannier frames sit closer by about 4” on either side!

Is the love affair over?

There seem to be quite a few, low miles, T7's coming up for sale out there through the usual sale sites.

Along with that I keep reading up on stuff where owners are increasingly looking for solutions to basic stuff like decent suspension, low down fuelling issues and all the usual stuff around ergonomics and wind protection.

It's all anecdotal, obviously, but a good mate seems to be summing up the T7 experience. He's had his just over a year now and admits he was initially caught up in the idea of a smaller capacity Adv bike that was good on the road but easily capable of off roading, even in his inexperienced hands. He's now getting shot as he's just not gelled with/built a relationship with it. In his words he's found it a comfortable road bike but ultimately a bit meh, no character. He's taken it on easy trails but found it quite a handful, citing its weight as his biggest issue.

So, is the love affair over or am I looking at this from a skewed view point :nenau

Andres

There seem to be quite a few, low miles, T7's coming up for sale out there through the usual sale sites.

Along with that I keep reading up on stuff where owners are increasingly looking for solutions to basic stuff like decent suspension, low down fuelling issues and all the usual stuff around ergonomics and wind protection.

It's all anecdotal, obviously, but a good mate seems to be summing up the T7 experience. He's had his just over a year now and admits he was initially caught up in the idea of a smaller capacity Adv bike that was good on the road but easily capable of off roading, even in his inexperienced hands. He's now getting shot as he's just not gelled with/built a relationship with it. In his words he's found it a comfortable road bike but ultimately a bit meh, no character. He's taken it on easy trails but found it quite a handful, citing its weight as his biggest issue.

So, is the love affair over or am I looking at this from a skewed view point :nenau

Andres

Same with a mate at home.
He got caught up in the hype and bought one.But he wasn’t over-keen on the cheap finish.He changed the fork springs and had shock fettled but he recently sold it as it still wasn’t doing it for him.
Too heavy to offroad,no good for pillion and lacking power for decent road work is how he described it.Plus fuelling wasn’t great from idle…

Out of curiosity, in both the above cases, what do they change too - more road focussed bikes?

Same with a mate at home.
He got caught up in the hype and bought one.But he wasn’t over-keen on the cheap finish.He changed the fork springs and had shock fettled but he recently sold it as it still wasn’t doing it for him.
Too heavy to offroad,no good for pillion and lacking power for decent road work is how he described it.Plus fuelling wasn’t great from idle…

You're mate is full of shit :thumb

Out of curiosity, in both the above cases, what do they change too - more road focussed bikes?

In my mate's case, sort of, he's gone back to a GS.......his reasoning being he wasn't confident enough to take his old GS (1250) off road so thought the T7 would be easier for him. Ultimately he found it no easier (or just doesn't have the skills) so has got a GS again as in his words he may as well go for something that's more comfortable on the road and more powerful, better suited for doing big miles on.

Andres

This month’s Ride,for anybody considering a HWAB

df5ba1059bc088c5b715a0b48153f189.png

a072965ab15f511c808c5ca8c17ab121.png

0bd5a7858e0c95caee21319f51075047.png

eceb0ed0bdeed91907aa3422e56338c8.png

6ce846395a8dc4025952d5d32013374b.png

f31960bee3ffefe5576c807353da58cd.png

3b23eff120ebb67f8afbbea0bd19b42b.png

108b336ccd9cce9629d187899496b8cf.png

Well I still have my 1200 gsa, my old faithful Africa Twin XRV and my recently bought T7.
And, for me, the T7 wins hand down, particularly off road.
Light, nimble, does everything for me. Thought the old XRV would be hard to beat off road , but this beastie has the edge.
Normal set up, no fancy spring adjustment ( but that is something I may look at :D ) and well suited to the gnarly roads up here.
Honeymoon period I know, but at the moment I really can't fault it. Been off piste with the beemer many times, was ok, but not great ? But hey ho, different bikes don't suit all riders. Judging by previous mails, if ye don't like it, punt it on.
All I am sayin is that so far, the T7 pushes all the right buttons for me, both on and off road.
If you need a light off roader, get a WR450F like the one in my garage, now that is an animal :D

That’s a good review in Ride Mag and absolutely spot on.

A MSAB that’s fun and not to intimidating on gentle trails. :thumb2

Pol Tarres is doing the Romaniacs hard enduro on a T7

Back
Top Bottom