700 Tenere

Not sure if this has been posted, but a review of a Ktech suspended T7.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/yamaha/tenere-700/2019/#review-equipment

z-ktech_yamahatenere-02.jpg

RBW.

...Next, K-tech turned to another UK firm, Dynojet, to address the fuelling. The parallel-twin CP2 engine can surge a little when you initially tap the throttle and also judders under load at low revs (a common situation when you are riding off road). These rough edges were taken care of using Dynojet’s Power Vision module to flash the ECU (costing £430). The result is a smoother but also more immediate throttle response and power delivery that pulls without hesitation from almost no revs at all....

Suspension yes but I have no idea what "surge" and judders" they're referring to? This bike has the best and smoothest power delivery from off idle to WFO that I've experienced in quite some time.

...Next, K-tech turned to another UK firm, Dynojet, to address the fuelling. The parallel-twin CP2 engine can surge a little when you initially tap the throttle and also judders under load at low revs (a common situation when you are riding off road). These rough edges were taken care of using Dynojet’s Power Vision module to flash the ECU (costing £430). The result is a smoother but also more immediate throttle response and power delivery that pulls without hesitation from almost no revs at all....

Suspension yes but I have no idea what "surge" and judders" they're referring to? This bike has the best and smoothest power delivery from off idle to WFO that I've experienced in quite some time.

It’s when you shut the throttle, say slowing down at slow speeds and little throttle, when trying to be smooth, like going into a mini roundabout, the on/off can be a bit abrupt, but you can generally feather the clutch to smooth it out. But would be nice if the fuelling didn’t have that shut off (for emissions !) and would then make the fuelling perfect (some say changing the throttle twist grip for a different action cam smooths it out).

I understand what you're describing shedracer but I can assure you that is not the case whatsoever on my bike. Two riding friends Tom and Lloyd have T700's as well and we've often discussed how Yamaha thankfully got the FI really well dialed in on these bikes. Not the case at all with the 2015 FJ-09 Tracer I had, on/off throttling was horribly abrupt on that Yamaha to the point I sent the ECM off to correct it. More recently my 2017 VFR1200X was extremely snatchy. I installed a throttle tamer which helped a little but it was still awful. My T7 was delivered in July last year as a 2021, Tom and Lloyd's arrived a few months later.

First at time I rode the T7 I was amazed by the smoothness of the bike
However I do recognise what shedracer has brought up, but I hardly notice it now, once I adjusted the throttle free play

Ours in uk are Euro4, built in France
USA bikes are built in Japan

2021 bikes are euro5 post January registration

Ah ok. Maybe Clifton’s bike isn’t Euro4?

Whatever, just wondering if emissions regs are different? Clifton’s an experienced rider so if he says his and his mate’s aren’t snatchy like UK bikes I believe him.

Andres

I believe the problem is the ecu shutting the fuel off when the throttle is closed, so the transition from closed to slightly open is a bit abrupt. I adjusted the free play on my bike again after the first service (did it before but the kind Yamaha mechanic readjusted back to service requirement :blast:D), which has a positive effect, but doesn’t eliminate it completely.

I believe the Dynojet Power Vision map keeps fuelling the engine a small amount even when the throttle is closed for a short period, which smooths out the fuelling. Obviously depending on how smooth and progressive you are in your riding style will highlight any issues and as per normal, every bike is slightly different based on manufactured tolerances and setup adjustments of each part. A perfect example of this is vibration from the engine, either mechanically induced or fuelling adjustment.

The T7 is pretty good compared to some bikes.

I believe the problem is the ecu shutting the fuel off when the throttle is closed, so the transition from closed to slightly open is a bit abrupt................

My (limited) understanding is that that is a Euro5 requirement so it sounds like Yamaha were ahead of the game slightly and producing a bike from the off that would meet the updated regs. Sounds like something we are all gonna have to get used to eventualy I guess.............

Andres

Fucked bearings....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y-tOygzA5NE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pol Tarres does it again ~ how the hell do people ride bikes like that :eek: Apologies if it's been posted before, it must have been surely :nenau

(Oh and turn the volume off, it's all just tedious Yamaha marketing bollox)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3BoKRgfh_3s" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Andres

Yeah of course, always looking for ammo to take the piss out of Tricky with ;)

Are the ones in the vid Yamaha ones then I presume?

Andres

They are oem....Made by Givi I think
Not pretty
Adv Spec and Rally Raid pannier rails are both purposeful and good looking, as you would expect

Some good items now been made around the world & the aftermarket choice of items is enormous, on the worlds best selling MSAB

Back
Top Bottom