700 Tenere

Torque Racing will be doing mine
90nM rear spring will reduce static and ride sag, meaning the benefits for proper shock travel can be evaluated

Hope they do a better job than they did on the CB500X Rally Raid i bought
There were a few loose bolts and important ones that should have been loctited that were not :blast

df86271aa9e7fe065652ec994a394e3d.png

Martin fitted a 90nm spring for me and I also took the opportunity to fit the front preload adjusters and Martin shimmed them as well. It transforms the bikes handling. It feels firmer but a lot more supple if that doesn’t sound weird? A lot less “Pogoey” for lack to a better word. Once the stock spring is in the right stroke range it works just fine.

Martin and his guys are extremely fast, polite and a pleasure to work with so highly recommended.

I hope too, can you recommend them

They seem sound on the phone

Martin’s great and very knowledgable - It was Martin that sourced my 500EXC and prep'd it for Morocco.

I also popped in once when I was new to owning the 1100S and I was not gelling with the way it handled - He had a quick fettle of the suspension and made a big difference.

Pass on my regards if you visit

Martin fitted a 90nm spring for me and I also took the opportunity to fit the front preload adjusters and Martin shimmed them as well. It transforms the bikes handling. It feels firmer but a lot more supple if that doesn’t sound weird? A lot less “Pogoey” for lack to a better word. Once the stock spring is in the right stroke range it works just fine.

Martin and his guys are extremely fast, polite and a pleasure to work with so highly recommended.

Thanks
Just what I am looking for

Martin’s great and very knowledgable - It was Martin that sourced my 500EXC and prep'd it for Morocco.

I also popped in once when I was new to owning the 1100S and I was not gelling with the way it handled - He had a quick fettle of the suspension and made a big difference.

Pass on my regards if you visit

I will, of course and thanks for the endorsement

People who know the right stuff about YOUR bike, are few and far between so worth searching out and travelling to

Torque Racing fitted a rear spring rated for a heavier rider :augie to my 700 Tenere, always great service there. I’m lucky to live 20 minutes from their workshop. Also bought a Rally Raid sat nav mount from them.

Spring change has made a big difference, so pleased with it. Might look at sorting the front next.

It feels more supple. I’m 95kg including kit, the stock spring is specified for 75kg. In order to set the static sag, I had the preload wound all the way up. At Torque Racing they explained that meant the spring wasn’t working in its effective range (apologies I haven’t got a more technical explanation, suspension is a bit of a black art to me....).

As soon as I set off from TR I could feel the difference. It now needs hardly any preload with just me on board. Rather than being bounced around it felt like the rear suspension was working, absorbing the bumps. Now the front end feels relatively hard in comparison and that’s the next thing I’ll be looking at when the Christmas credit card bill is cleared :blast. .

It feels more supple. I’m 95kg including kit, the stock spring is specified for 75kg. In order to set the static sag, I had the preload wound all the way up. At Torque Racing they explained that meant the spring wasn’t working in its effective range (apologies I haven’t got a more technical explanation, suspension is a bit of a black art to me....).

As soon as I set off from TR I could feel the difference. It now needs hardly any preload with just me on board. Rather than being bounced around it felt like the rear suspension was working, absorbing the bumps. Now the front end feels relatively hard in comparison and that’s the next thing I’ll be looking at when the Christmas credit card bill is cleared :blast. .

Good result

Back
Top Bottom