1150gs dual seat to single seat

maxwan

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi , thought I would ask here about the possibility to change from dual seat to single seat like the later models , can it be done , if so what are the pros and cons . Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes it can be done but IMO the twin seat option is far better, more versatile, better seats available etc. I've converted my last 3 or 4 1150 advs to twin seat.

Cheapest way to do it is to find someone with an Adv (the model with the single seat) who wants to swap the other way. Takes about an hour or so...

Cheapest way to do it is to find someone with an Adv (the model with the single seat) who wants to swap the other way. Takes about an hour or so...

Thanks for that bit , makes perfect sense , I can't see any reason to other than cosmetic looks , I can't decide which looks better .

As a GS rider @ 80k and ridden GSA @ 2k, I agree with Tim.

The seperate seats definately add to the comfort.

You can also get cheaper insurance if you don't carry a pillion, and having only a rider's seat makes that easy to do. Try demonstrating that if you have the single (dual?) seat...

Thanks for that bit , makes perfect sense , I can't see any reason to other than cosmetic looks , I can't decide which looks better .

Adv twin seat has less under seat storage plus no height adjustment, the standard Gs has the underseat tool box.

OK , I'll not interfere with the way it's supposed to be . Less is more . Thanks for all your comments

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I have a Touratech single sport seat for the 1150, nice item, looks good, pm me if you are interested.

Thanks mikeS , I know they aren't cheap but I am thinking of letting her go later this summer , so don't want to spend on it .

Maxwan, can you clear some of your pm's, I can't send you a message your inbox has reached its limit
Cheers Carl

Back
Top Bottom