The America’s: North to South or South to North?

Hi Boys,

I’ve just returned, seven months and about 25,000 miles later, so I now have some opinions.
Two Germans who became our friends rode north to south. They started in Alaska but fled south as it was far too cold. They also missed Patagonia for the same reason. They had a great trip but missed, in my opinion, the best two parts.
We flew into Chile early on in the spring and had the whole of Patagonia to ourselves. Hardly any tourists, the ferries were half empty, the weather was marvellous.
We were very lucky there but by the time we got to Colorado, in the US, it was March and freezing. We were months to early for Alaska. I really loved Chilean Patagonia though so I’m happy. We turned east into the southern states and came up that way, which was lovely. By May it was still zero degrees in Ontario so we flew home.
Mexico and Central America was hot! 42 degrees in Jan/Feb so we fled nudist Zipolito, back up into the hills. Shame though. Some of the views were spectacular!

Well done. I started in Buenos Aries in November and arrived in Ushuiai in January, North to Columbia by April. Flew bike Bogota to Miami. Around the USA/Canada then Prudhoe Bay by end of June (the officer on the Canada/Alaska border gave me another three months). New York in August then home. Worked out well.

Back
Top Bottom