My nice little Aprilia RS250

Kenny

Trustworthy Scouser AND
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Toxteth scouser, made good ..now hiding on the W
Not many of these left nowadays.......paintwork could be 10% better ( been lacquered over in the past )... smky little
bugger until 50 degrees on the dash is indicated, then she can be ridden, then thrashed after reaching 60 degrees :bounce1
Has a new rear pillion seat but no one fit's them as it would be remarkable to enjoy carrying a passenger on one of these !!:D

Attachments

• IMG_0935.jpg
    IMG_0935.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 727
Nice. I had one of these in Biaggi colours when they came out, frequently quicker than my mates on Fireblades and ZX-9Rs in the twisty stuff, left well behind on the straights. Deceptively fast bikes for a 250, lifted the front wheel in first and second gears off the throttle alone! I loved mine to bits. Traded it in for a GSX-R600. Only downside on mine was the fork seals popped for a past time and at 6k miles, the engine sounded very rattly indeed :-|

Kenny great find, I followed one to Rivington barn down some twisties once. I couldnt get within 50 yds of him, what a weapon, light good handling and with the RGV derived motor bl...y quick

Steve

Looks pretty good to me Kenny, I've got the matt, Nero diablo, but never ridden it yet :)

Nice bike that Kenny :thumb2

I've been offered the opportunity to buy the identical model from a friend of a friend

I'm just struggling to get my head around the money people are asking for these :eek:

Brilliant fun, if a tad uncomfortable.

My Mrs wanted one, but was too short (seat height/hump) so ended up with a ZXR400 instead; the bloody thing dropped a valve when just out of warranty, luckily when I was riding it......hey ho. Just caught it in time, when the power dipped, so not catastrophic as the valve head lodged itself up inside the port. Re-cut the seat, new valve/guide/spring & cam chain for good measure, & she was good to go - noticeably more perky afterwards too.

There used to be a wide range of grey imports from the Jap factories too - hardly ever see them on the road these days. Before that the old Elsies ruled & there are still a good few out there.

Cool things. Always liked the style of them and they still look great.

Alas, not for my frame.

Back
Top Bottom