Ullapool end of season do.

Is this set for the 15th/16th or is there flexibility...22nd/23rd perhaps? I miss this every year as it's the weekend I travel back from wherever I've been (Bulgaria & Turkey this time :D), will be travelling north from Newcastle ferry port on Sunday the 16th so Ullapool won't happen :blast

The dates are for the third weekend in September. 21 - 24th. So you should be fine.

Bloody hell!! After my post in January enquiring as to the probable date of this years gathering, I've booked the week before off. Hopefully I can get it changed and make the Ullapool gathering a part of my annual Scotland trip as I have done for the past few years.

I rode home last year on the Monday morning. My usual plan is to stop in Kielder forest on the Monday and have a nice leisurely bimble home on the Tuesday, but as it was lashing it down I decided to continue the 493 mls straight home.

It rained for most of the way home and as I got onto the A93 over the Cairngorms I felt as though the bike (Gen2 Triumph Explorer) was pushing wide on left handers and generally felt a bit skittish. I was loaded up but had never experienced this before, checked the pressures,all OK.I came to a point where I thought I was losing my mojo and rode the rest of the journey in a very conservative manner.

Got home at 10pm put the bike in the workshop and left it to sort out till the next morning. I didn't really give the strange handling any more thought and when I went to unpack the bike the next morning I noticed the front tyre looked a little odd. It was worn in a three penny bit shape and appeared to be delaminating.

Long story short. Pirelli accepted there was a fault with this tyre (Metzler Tourance Next OEM fitting on the Explorer ) swapped both my Tyres for the tyre of my choice. PR4 Trail fitted and Mojo restored.

That ride home, on that very wet September day, was most probably the worst ride of my life. Hopefully this year I can enjoy the ride over the Cairngorms as it should be.

Bloody hell!! After my post in January enquiring as to the probable date of this years gathering, I've booked the week before off. Hopefully I can get it changed and make the Ullapool gathering a part of my annual Scotland trip as I have done for the past few years.

I rode home last year on the Monday morning. My usual plan is to stop in Kielder forest on the Monday and have a nice leisurely bimble home on the Tuesday, but as it was lashing it down I decided to continue the 493 mls straight home.

It rained for most of the way home and as I got onto the A93 over the Cairngorms I felt as though the bike (Gen2 Triumph Explorer) was pushing wide on left handers and generally felt a bit skittish. I was loaded up but had never experienced this before, checked the pressures,all OK.I came to a point where I thought I was losing my mojo and rode the rest of the journey in a very conservative manner.

Got home at 10pm put the bike in the workshop and left it to sort out till the next morning. I didn't really give the strange handling any more thought and when I went to unpack the bike the next morning I noticed the front tyre looked a little odd. It was worn in a three penny bit shape and appeared to be delaminating.

Long story short. Pirelli accepted there was a fault with this tyre (Metzler Tourance Next OEM fitting on the Explorer ) swapped both my Tyres for the tyre of my choice. PR4 Trail fitted and Mojo restored.

That ride home, on that very wet September day, was most probably the worst ride of my life. Hopefully this year I can enjoy the ride over the Cairngorms as it should be.

Oops! Sorry Steve. I went for the 3rd weekend finally as its a holiday weekend up here. Hope you can switch things around.

In the diary, can I be one of the obligatory FEB's?

:thumb

Not quite sure what you mean......

Them thar two wrestlers in your post 17 ... is that me and Gerard fighting over the last remnants of Scotboxers whisky?

:eek:

Attachments

• sumo.jpg
    sumo.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 507
The two of ye have clearly been visiting the famous chippy round the corner at the Seafourth,, and the famous pie shop just oop the road at Lochinver :D

I’m in. This time I’m definitely doing the Hebrides on my way to Ullapool.
Definitely.

Unless it’s pissing down again....

Do you remember talking to them loonies doing Lands End to John O’Groats last year at the campsite?

I may have signed up......:D

Do you remember talking to them loonies doing Lands End to John O’Groats last year at the campsite?

I may have signed up......:D
Was one perhaps marginally " over refreshed " at the time one agreed :friday

Back
Top Bottom