Ullapool end of season do.

Nice to meet Mickey & Claire..the evenings entertainment in the Seaforth was a pretty good Johnny Cash tribute but the solo drunken dancer ( male ) was probably a highlight, Mickey and Claire left ( several drinks later ) and I intended to stay and catch a bit more of the music but drunken dancer parked his arse on my table...time to get my coat :D

Also agree that it's a shame that more local ( Scotland even.. ) riders didn't make it.

feel bad i couldn’t make it, though it simply was not doable.

i hope the small turnout doesn’t put folk off for next year. it’s a good wee bash and a great venue.

Just over 1210 miles for me for the weekend.

530 miles home for me yesterday. Don't know what GS John's mileage must be.

Nice to meet you and share a few drams John :beerjug:
I did hear you leaving in the morning but I also heard the rain rattling down and I was pretty warm and comfy in the tent at that point.

Likewise dear boy, those couple of drams were an aid to a good nights sleep.
By the time i had got to the green welly i was getting cold and tired and phoned the Buccleuch arms hotel in Moffat and booked the same room as i had on Thursday on the way North after a quick look at the map got there via Dreghorn svcs then south west on the A702, A701 much better than that boring grind south on the M74.
A bath, dinner and a good nights sleep and i was like a spring chicken Monday morning, so back to the A1 at scotch corner via the A708 to Selkirk those horse head statues are stunning then south A68 to the A1 finally got home at 1800 1371 miles average 50 MPG not bad considering the camping gear it was carrying

Likewise dear boy, those couple of drams were an aid to a good nights sleep.
By the time i had got to the green welly i was getting cold and tired and phoned the Buccleuch arms hotel in Moffat and booked the same room as i had on Thursday on the way North after a quick look at the map got there via Dreghorn svcs then south west on the A702, A701 much better than that boring grind south on the M74.
A bath, dinner and a good nights sleep and i was like a spring chicken Monday morning, so back to the A1 at scotch corner via the A708 to Selkirk those horse head statues are stunning then south A68 to the A1 finally got home at 1800 1371 miles average 50 MPG not bad considering the camping gear it was carrying

Cracking job, especially at your age... :pullface

:kissy2

Ha ha ....yes GS-John is the true hero of the weekend for sure :bow

I'm now down at Dent, home tomorrow ... J U S T finished off Scotboxers Glenlivet, here's to ya Peter :beer:

Steve (Wrinklyowlie) was here last night, left for home this morning. Good to see you Steve :thumby:

Oh ... and I brought the rain south with me :rob

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom