INNOVV C5 Install

Well I got it all installed ok, but the DVR module was faulty so I had to contact InnovvUK and they were great, chatted me through a few technical support q&a’s to rule things out, then said to send the module back for a working replacement.

Not ideal but their service has been top notch so far.

I’ll update once I get the replacement hooked up and can test the full system properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the first time I have heard that faulty gear has been delivered..... with INNOVV

Must admit, mine was never faulty. It all worked as advertised. The only problem I had was that occasionally I had footage missing. On closer inspection it turns out that it may have been due to the routing of my wires. In an endeavour to hide them really well, i routed them over the Tiger engine. Anyone who has a Triumph tripple will know that they generate a not unsubstantial amount of heat. The footage that used to go missing was generally when I really upped the pace with high revs, low gear, as you do. To be fair to INNOVV it does say on the bumph that exposure to extreme heat may cause problems.

Occasionally (very occasionally) it didn't initialise but actually it was easy enough to know when that happened because it didn't say: "GPS READY" and often it was when after turning the ignition on and off too quickly that subsequently it didn't always come on.

I bought one of these 2 years ago and it failed to record complete files correctly after a software update so I just had the 1st and last partial files. I ended up buying a roadhawk ride instead which has been 100% reliable, so I'll be interested to here if others had any problems with theirs. I fixed mine to the fairing bracket by the RH indicator and put the unit under the seat. FWIW when it worked I was happy with it.

Are you talking about the Innovv? The C5 wasn't out two years ago

Are you talking about the Innovv? The C5 wasn't out two years ago

Well it was certainly an INOVV and looked the same as the one in the photo above with the separate lens and power uni. The only difference I can see is that the connector to the main unit is slightly different. I can't say for sure which INOVV it was though as it went in the bin. Maybe what's above is a newer model?

Well it was certainly an INOVV and looked the same as the one in the photo above with the separate lens and power uni. The only difference I can see is that the connector to the main unit is slightly different. I can't say for sure which INOVV it was though as it went in the bin. Maybe what's above is a newer model?

Yep that’s an Innovv unit but not the C5, that’s the K series, which was essentially a car dashcam adapted for bikes - hence why it’s not waterproof etc.

The C5 is a newer unit specifically designed for bikes, but as yet only has one camera available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finished mine off today and am happy enough with the results. It’s at a small angle but the footage is fine. Thanks to Bruce I picked up the tip of fixing it with 3m dual lock

Got the wiring hidden under the beak in the right side

ff0f2a350b3021f30052ceb46b879efd.jpg

221460f17dde39ac4bcc4ffdf4b9e55b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom