Africa Twin Adventure Sport

I fitted the fork tunnel air dam from Rugged Roads yesterday. A massive improvement, it's a much nicer bike to ride with the buffeting removed.

I fitted the fork tunnel air dam from Rugged Roads yesterday. A massive improvement, it's a much nicer bike to ride with the buffeting removed.

I'm interested in this, do you get any other handling or airflow weirdness ??

Never mind, I've ordered one anyway. I was out yesterday for 200 miles and buffetting was a real problem.

So it's worth a try.

I'm interested in this, do you get any other handling or airflow weirdness ??

I'm tall enough so my head is in clear air above the screen, the turbulence came from below. I guess it's rider dependent how the turbulence works. It is much better for me now.

The Honda front fixings where the air dam fits are stepped, not mimiced by the replacements. I modified some small washers to fit the recess, probably OCD, but .......

Buffeting. what Buffeting?

why don't i get the excitement of having to add a bit of farkle for this "problem"?

Not sure its a height thing as I am 6'7 in my boots... and I have a very short screen fitted. 7" shorter than the original.

I’m as tall as you.... and always run a short screen... lovely clean airflow around my helmet!,,

why don't i get the excitement of having to add a bit of farkle for this "problem"?

Not sure its a height thing as I am 6'7 in my boots... and I have a very short screen fitted. 7" shorter than the original.

Add the farkle anyway, it'll make you look cooler.

I looked at one in Honda Blackpool on Sunday, thought it looked lovely, but it's so feckin tall, my short arse legs mean I'd need a ladder to get on and off it!

Feck it's tall. Did I mention that?

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

I looked at one in Honda Blackpool on Sunday, thought it looked lovely, but it's so feckin tall, my short arse legs mean I'd need a ladder to get on and off it!

i'm 5.9 and manage comfortably.

Stick crash bars, big skid plate, soft luggage and a load of farkle crap.... and that'll lower it three inches.

I was mostly fine on the ATAS stock tall seat, and am 5'10 and not really leggy. Just got the mid seat (which is the same as the regular AT seat) so I've got a bit more purchase if I'm ever on a severe camber or in sidewinds. It does alter the riding position though so I'll leave it in the high setting most of the time anyway.

Anyone want TT stainless pannier racks for one of these, new never fitted before a have to go down the eblag route !!

Could have been tempted if they where for the 2017 and the right money, but I'm sure the adventure sports one wouldn't fit.

Buying a new adventure sport and will not require the light bars or the two seats if anyone wants them ? Bike is the grey model and seats are black

Could have been tempted if they where for the 2017 and the right money, but I'm sure the adventure sports one wouldn't fit.

Yes, i bought them thinking they would fit as nothing had changed but they changed the pillion footrest bolt position on the 18 AT so it is the same as the ATAS hence they wont fit.

Back
Top Bottom