Africa Twin Adventure Sport

Away on my ATAS DCT for the first time this year as two up .
I’d forgotten what a great bike it is.
And with the few farkles-Alpina wheels , Hyper Pro spring kit and Atlas Throttle Lock, it’s probably the best all round ‘adventure bike’ I’ve ever had .
Seem to recall in June 18 that Nutty bet me it would be gone in 12 months . Wrong !!

49c5f83e75cdf80101073dbe8c3edc83.jpg

5358f31e94fbd994291c4dbe791cf715.jpg

And the Bumot Xtremada panniers are definitely the best panniers I’ve used . So versatile and will swallow huge loads if needed.
Perfect for French supermarket shopping . They’ll easily swallow a full French-style bag for life or a case of beer .
Then, when not in use they collapse in quite tight to be unobtrusive. Genius.

Any chance of you letting me know how wide the bike is when the panniers are loaded up please?

If you measure at the bottom seam, approx. 93 cm across the bags. Remember that these are soft and can be stuffed with gear, so could bulge quite a bit wider.

Bars are actually quite narrow at 87 cm, the widest point is approx. 96 cm across the outer edges of the OEM hand guards.

If you measure at the bottom seam, approx. 93 cm across the bags. Remember that these are soft and can be stuffed with gear, so could bulge quite a bit wider.

Bars are actually quite narrow at 87 cm, the widest point is approx. 96 cm across the outer edges of the OEM hand guards.

Great information, cheers. So they are about the same width as the front of the bike, so handy for filtering through traffic.. I use givi trekker outback 37/47l panniers sometimes but I don't like the feeling of wide panniers out of sight behind me. I also have a set of magadan panniers but they are not ideal for daily commuting.

Great information, cheers. So they are about the same width as the front of the bike, so handy for filtering through traffic.. I use givi trekker outback 37/47l panniers sometimes but I don't like the feeling of wide panniers out of sight behind me. I also have a set of magadan panniers but they are not ideal for daily commuting.

They seem fine on in traffic, I don't notice them.

Back
Top Bottom