Best GS ever Poll

VOTE FOR THE BEST ....(ps In case of any doubts here's a clue ....Option 4 !)

• R80GS

Votes: 23 4.2%
  • R100GS

Votes: 30 5.4%
  • R850GS

Votes: 10 1.8%
  • R1100GS

Votes: 74 13.4%
  • R1150GS

Votes: 129 23.4%
  • R1150 ADVENTURE

Votes: 114 20.7%
  • Paris Dakar

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • R1200GS

Votes: 159 28.8%

• Total voters
Thought about this some more and the best GS award in my book goes to these four for not breaking down here, despite our best efforts. Heroes.
Gave mine a pat on the tank when we eventually got back to tarmac.

Tim

Attachments

• dont break.jpg
    dont break.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,610
only got one a couple of weeks ago (R80GS) so can only go by that but if you want to lend me yours i'll give a better judgment on the subject.

There all good And in the words of Sinead O'Conner
"Nothing Compares to You" :D

What a stupid question

I can't believe anyone could ask such a question with a straight face. My 1100 is the best GS, I thought everyone knew that:D
The one I'm going to build, once I get an engine/gearbox donated to the cause, will be even gooder. HPwho

Ere hang on a minute - who's been messing with my Poll ??? I never had 'Paris Dakar' on the orginal Poll now it's out in front with 34% - so come on Mr Administrator - who was it ??? There is plagarism or beastiality or something equally perverse :mad: :mad: :mad: going on here !!!:confused:

Gecko said:
Ere hang on a minute - who's been messing with my Poll ??? I never had 'Paris Dakar' on the orginal Poll now it's out in front with 34% - so come on Mr Administrator - who was it ??? There is plagarism or beastiality or something equally perverse :mad: :mad: :mad: going on here !!!:confused:
But it is the best bike and the public have voted it so, it seems :rolleyes:

I have a 91 r 100 gs, heavy duty fork springs, white power shock, 4 pot front caliper, raised handlebar mounts, done 85000km's.just getting a wudo big bore kit fitted. looking to fit better forks, not so keen on fitting usd units but will see what i can find. i run a Kenda K270 front tyre and usually run a Barum eo7 rear.

have had the use of an 1150 gs for the last few weeks, it is great on the road but my old bike is better on the gravel and off the road , IMHO.

the newer models need a weight reduction programme, and the weight lower down, I will test the new R1200 in february, until then, the r100 gs is safe.:) :)

Re: I like them all

Spanish Bob said:

I wont sell my airhead, they are not boring, especially where the going gets tough or twisty...

:D :D :D
Tim

The moderator rides an 1100 so it must be the best :D

and he's a BHT

Have to agree with MikeO this is a useles exercise in itself...but, it has generated an interesting thread.
;)

Some lovely photos and insight into mad world. What exactly is Vern on, other than his bike?!:D

timmy

Paragon said:
Posted by Metal Man

The 1200 is NOT a GS and never will be.

It has Alloys as standard

G/S and GS NEVER had Alloys as standard

BMs have always been HEAVY compared with other Bikes

They should have called the 1200 something else
Try 1200RS without the half Fairing or whatever

Para

How about RS in a summer dress with a high mud guard and a Slim Fast plan

Paragon said:
Posted by Metal Man

The 1200 is NOT a GS and never will be.

It has Alloys as standard

G/S and GS NEVER had Alloys as standard

BMs have always been HEAVY compared with other Bikes

They should have called the 1200 something else - I am sure it will be a good Bike but it is NOT a GS
It can have an R but not a G
There is no reason to make it lighter

Try 1200RS without the half Fairing or whatever

BM have now given in to the "sport bike" brigade on this one - they just want to sell Bikes as they do cars - as far as the GS line is concerned it is almost as bad as when they introduced the K Bike as a "replacement" for the twins.

or Porsche and the 911 versus the 928

I may be wrong - but not as far as I am concerned

My Adv will be the last new GS I will buy - (also was my first new GS)

Cheers

Para

Summed up very nicely sir. :clap

Amusing, we have such comments and yet no one posting has seen or ridden the Bike. No doubt as is still the case with the 1100/1150's we will continue to debate the pro's and con's for years to come.
So which is best old or new, what did people say needed improvement, what is favourite mod now available as option,

1/ Need more power-- Got it
2/ G/box clunky -- Sorted
3/Weight -- Lost it
4/ Seat -- Improved
5/ Fuel consumption -- Improved
6/Screen turbulence -- Improved
7/ Seat height -- Now have options
8/ Poor headlight -- New design (MIGHT be better)
9/Wheels -- Got the choice

I'm old and wise enough to know you can't believe everything you read. Here's two comments from people who have ridden 1200, one was a text message reputedly sent to a friend the other was given face to face with me-

Just got off plane at Heathrow- 1200 better than wildest dreams-start saving

Best Bike I've ever ridden, I know you will find something to fault, I couldn't.

Georgia's 1200 is due early April and I'm looking forward to comparing with my GSA, I'll post my comparison then.
In the meantime look forward to continuing debate:)

Paragon said:
MM

I expected that you would leap to its defence

Actually that's not true. If I was convinced the 1200 was the way to go I would have one on order, I haven't as I'm happy with GSA.
As I think is the case with yourself some of my posts are purely to provoke debate, rather enjoyable at times:D

:beerjug:

MM.

Metal Man said:

I'm old and wise enough to know you can't believe everything you read. Here's two comments from people who have ridden 1200, one was a text message reputedly sent to a friend the other was given face to face with me-

Just got off plane at Heathrow- 1200 better than wildest dreams-start saving

Best Bike I've ever ridden, I know you will find something to fault, I couldn't.

As you said do you belive every thing you read ?
Isnt it the soap powder scenario ? this years model is better than anything before untill next years model comes along then its all the things that they said about the model the year before and so on.

Will the 1200 be/have
1/ more powerfull
2/ Sorted G/box
3/Lighter
4/ Improved Seat
5/ Improved Fuel consumption
6/ Improved Screen turbulence
7/ Now have options Seat height
8/ Better headlight
9/ Wheels choice (round or square)

Ok 1 and 3 we can take manufacturers figures for
9 it should definently have some
7 didnt we have that before unless you own a GS-A or airhead

as for the rest, the only way to find out is to ride the damm thing for yourself. Hence the reason I asked the question in another thread "why?"

Of course Metal Man's taking the smart option letting the misses buy one so he can see if he likes it :D

~Stef~

~Stef~ said:
As you said do you belive every thing you read ?

, the only way to find out is to ride the damm thing for yourself. Of course Metal Man's taking the smart option letting the misses buy one so he can see if he likes it :D

~Stef~

Stef, Read my second post- designed to encourage/provoke debate. ;) Certainly achieving goal.:p
Smart option is even better than you know, IF 1200 is better I don't even have to buy one, Georgia works alternate w/ends so it will be GSA one w/end and 1200 next:D

Metal Man said:
Stef, Read my second post- designed to encourage/provoke debate. ;) Certainly achieving goal.:p
Smart option is even better than you know, IF 1200 is better I don't even have to buy one, Georgia works alternate w/ends so it will be GSA one w/end and 1200 next:D

Man after me own heart, I work nights and the misses works during the day, so I get to use the Peugeot 306 at night :D
Hardly the same is it :(

~Stef~

Back
Top Bottom