View Poll Results: VOTE FOR THE BEST ....(ps In case of any doubts here's a clue ....Option 4 !)

Voters
848. You may not vote on this poll
  • R80GS

35 4.13%
  • R100GS

39 4.60%
  • R850GS

9 1.06%
  • R1100GS

96 11.32%
  • R1150GS

219 25.83%
  • R1150 ADVENTURE

173 20.40%
  • Paris Dakar

147 17.33%
  • R1200GS

130 15.33%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best GS ever Poll

timmy
    Have to agree with MikeO this is a useles exercise in itself...but, it has generated an interesting thread.

Some lovely photos and insight into mad world. What exactly is Vern on, other than his bike?!

timmy

Originally posted by Paragon
    Posted by Metal Man

The 1200 is NOT a GS and never will be.

It has Alloys as standard

G/S and GS NEVER had Alloys as standard

BMs have always been HEAVY compared with other Bikes

They should have called the 1200 something else
    Try 1200RS without the half Fairing or whatever

Para

How about RS in a summer dress with a high mud guard and a Slim Fast plan

Detox
    Originally posted by Paragon
    Posted by Metal Man

The 1200 is NOT a GS and never will be.

It has Alloys as standard

G/S and GS NEVER had Alloys as standard

BMs have always been HEAVY compared with other Bikes

They should have called the 1200 something else - I am sure it will be a good Bike but it is NOT a GS
    It can have an R but not a G
    There is no reason to make it lighter

Try 1200RS without the half Fairing or whatever

BM have now given in to the "sport bike" brigade on this one - they just want to sell Bikes as they do cars - as far as the GS line is concerned it is almost as bad as when they introduced the K Bike as a "replacement" for the twins.

or Porsche and the 911 versus the 928

I may be wrong - but not as far as I am concerned

My Adv will be the last new GS I will buy - (also was my first new GS)

Cheers

Para

Summed up very nicely sir.

Deleted Member MM
    Amusing, we have such comments and yet no one posting has seen or ridden the Bike. No doubt as is still the case with the 1100/1150's we will continue to debate the pro's and con's for years to come.
    So which is best old or new, what did people say needed improvement, what is favourite mod now available as option,

1/ Need more power-- Got it
    2/ G/box clunky -- Sorted
    3/Weight -- Lost it
    4/ Seat -- Improved
    5/ Fuel consumption -- Improved
    6/Screen turbulence -- Improved
    7/ Seat height -- Now have options
    8/ Poor headlight -- New design (MIGHT be better)
    9/Wheels -- Got the choice

I'm old and wise enough to know you can't believe everything you read. Here's two comments from people who have ridden 1200, one was a text message reputedly sent to a friend the other was given face to face with me-

Just got off plane at Heathrow- 1200 better than wildest dreams-start saving

Best Bike I've ever ridden, I know you will find something to fault, I couldn't.

Georgia's 1200 is due early April and I'm looking forward to comparing with my GSA, I'll post my comparison then.
    In the meantime look forward to continuing debate

Deleted Member MM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Paragon
    [B]MM

I expected that you would leap to its defence

Actually that's not true. If I was convinced the 1200 was the way to go I would have one on order, I haven't as I'm happy with GSA.
    As I think is the case with yourself some of my posts are purely to provoke debate, rather enjoyable at times

MM.

Originally posted by Metal Man

I'm old and wise enough to know you can't believe everything you read. Here's two comments from people who have ridden 1200, one was a text message reputedly sent to a friend the other was given face to face with me-

Just got off plane at Heathrow- 1200 better than wildest dreams-start saving

Best Bike I've ever ridden, I know you will find something to fault, I couldn't.

As you said do you belive every thing you read ?
    Isnt it the soap powder scenario ? this years model is better than anything before untill next years model comes along then its all the things that they said about the model the year before and so on.

Will the 1200 be/have
    1/ more powerfull
    2/ Sorted G/box
    3/Lighter
    4/ Improved Seat
    5/ Improved Fuel consumption
    6/ Improved Screen turbulence
    7/ Now have options Seat height
    8/ Better headlight
    9/ Wheels choice (round or square)

Ok 1 and 3 we can take manufacturers figures for
    9 it should definently have some
    7 didnt we have that before unless you own a GS-A or airhead

as for the rest, the only way to find out is to ride the damm thing for yourself. Hence the reason I asked the question in another thread "why?"

Of course Metal Man's taking the smart option letting the misses buy one so he can see if he likes it

~Stef~

Deleted Member MM
    Originally posted by ~Stef~
    As you said do you belive every thing you read ?

, the only way to find out is to ride the damm thing for yourself. Of course Metal Man's taking the smart option letting the misses buy one so he can see if he likes it

~Stef~
    Stef, Read my second post- designed to encourage/provoke debate. Certainly achieving goal.
    Smart option is even better than you know, IF 1200 is better I don't even have to buy one, Georgia works alternate w/ends so it will be GSA one w/end and 1200 next

Originally posted by Metal Man
    Stef, Read my second post- designed to encourage/provoke debate. Certainly achieving goal.
    Smart option is even better than you know, IF 1200 is better I don't even have to buy one, Georgia works alternate w/ends so it will be GSA one w/end and 1200 next

Man after me own heart, I work nights and the misses works during the day, so I get to use the Peugeot 306 at night
    Hardly the same is it

~Stef~

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

1100GS in Red

There is only one GS, an 1100GS in Red, it's the best
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: 1100GS in Red

Originally posted by Gary Simon
    There is only one GS, an 1100GS in Red, it's the best
    thats far to shiney, take it out and get it dirty at once

BawdyMonk
    I think the GS is a constantly evolving concept of a bike, comparing a R1200 to a R100 is like asking if your Grandad was a better man than you are, different era, different values, I've got no intention of changing for about 18 months, if then, however, one thought that crosses my mind; if somebody came up with a kit that would shed 30 kilos off all the R1150 GS's, how many of us wouldn't buy it??
    That alone makes me think it'll be a great bike

Originally posted by BawdyMonk
    I think the GS is a constantly evolving concept of a bike, comparing a R1200 to a R100 is like asking if your Grandad was a better man than you are, different era, different values,

Agree'd I remember when the GPZ900R was launched and the press and Kawasaki PR dept compared it to the original Z900 Trying to tell us that the GPZ could trace its development back to the Z, bollox, at least the 1200GS is a development of the flat twin.

I think BMW are extracting the urine by charging £235 extra if you want wire wheels as a factory fitted option.

Bob

pinkolive
    paragon
    if it takes just one thing to make the GS better off road it will be the 30kg weight loss.
    richard

UKGSer of 2014 (Dead) Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I've been thinking about this one for ages and can't decide!

Had a little experience of an R80 G/S.

Quite a lot with two R100GS's.

Own a R1150GSA.

They were/are brilliant bikes, each in it's own way.

OK. Getting off the fence, it has to be the one I own now, next week if I win the lottery(!!!) it might be one of those tricked up GS's above!

Toubab Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I don't like them at all.....they look funny, ride funny, and the people who ride them are all strange........my mum warned me about people like you lot

सत्यमेव जयते

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast