My Quad Lock Setup

Like it, and now on the quad lock store...How have you handled the charging?

I've found that if your phone supports some form of Fast Charging (and there are many different and incompatible types) then it is worth getting the compatible car type charger for your version of Fast Charging and use that on the bike, as you will then be less likely to flatten the phone battery during a long day of satnav use. I found this can happen if the phone is only connected to a low power output USB charging adapter, as it seems they can't necessarily keep up with the amount of power being used by the phone with GPS active.

You will probably have to use a DIN to car type 12V socket adaptor plugged into the DIN socket, which I imagine could be a bit unwieldy, or wire a car type 12V socket to a DIN plug and mount that in the cockpit somewhere and just plug it into the DIN socket when you use it. Alternatively you can do what I have done which is open up the charger and hard wire it to a DIN type plug. I then zip tied mine to the side of the bike's DIN socket. The advantage of this is that it is easier to find space for just the adapter than a full 12V socket.

However, don't do what I did initially and connect the adapter directly into the wiring loom that goes to the back of the bike's DIN socket. I did this to leave the DIN socket free for battery charging, but found that the charger would not activate the CANBUS connection with something else connected to the socket. I now have it wired to a DIN plug, so just unplug it from the DIN socket when I want to plug the charger in.

Hard wiring a 12V socket to the DIN socket wiring loom would probably be OK as long as you remember to remove the adapter from the 12V socket when you want to use the charger in the DIN socket.

Fred

Just ordered an anti vibration mount but they are on back order

~So are you relying on adhesion alone for the wall mount to or have you used a secondary fix to the Nav blanking plate. Also would the anti vibration plate fit onto your mount.

I got me one of THESE because you can power it off the BMW mount. Does the job well and has a spare USB outlet for anything else you might want to charge.:thumb2

I got me one of THESE because you can power it off the BMW mount. Does the job well and has a spare USB outlet for anything else you might want to charge.:thumb2

I went with one of these as well. Its a very tidy solution to having a power supply and your phone in the ideal place. Plus its cheap.

My setup. Quadlock wireless + anti-vibration mount on Ram mount.

5c60ec728277c2195705bc027b6bccf4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went with one of these as well. Its a very tidy solution to having a power supply and your phone in the ideal place. Plus its cheap.

I am a Quadlock fan. However i do like that! At least you can use any phone.

I removed the BMW mount and and fitted a mirror mount quadlock on the bar

@fred_jb where did you get the sun shield from?

I thought you meant sunshield on the BMW TFT which I currently use, but have now realised you might have meant the one on my phone in the older pictures in this thread. The one on the phone was found on eBay, and intended for use with a tablet. I wouldn't recommend it as it was liable to fly off! I tethered it so as not to lose it, but was a nuisance when it flew off and started flapping around!

Just finished my QuadLock setup! Need to blank off the plug, any ideas!

Stand up, look up, and open up!

Back
Top Bottom