Windy roads is sh1t on Garmin. I’m going Tom Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliffbase

Reaction score
Having come from a Tom Tom rider nav, im a little disappointed with the lack of options on the nav6.

The tom tom gave you options for curvy, very curvy, insanely wiggly routes, but from what i can see the BMW offers only curvy - which on a couple of destinations ive tried selecting, still offers main A roads as the suggested route.

Am i missing something?

Having come from a Tom Tom rider nav, im a little disappointed with the lack of options on the nav6.

The tom tom gave you options for curvy, very curvy, insanely wiggly routes, but from what i can see the BMW offers only curvy - which on a couple of destinations ive tried selecting, still offers main A roads as the suggested route.

Am i missing something?

Nope. Compared to a tomtom they’re shit. Nice integration with the bike and pretty screen but whenever I use mine it sends me down stupid roads. If I follow my mate with a tomtom its usually much better.
Wait till you see how limited the traffic cameras are too. For a unit that costs more than twice as much as the top end tomtom they simply aren’t worth it IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. Compared to a tomtom they’re shit. Nice integration with the bike and pretty screen but whenever I use mine it sends me down stupid roads. If I follow my mate with a tomtom its usually much better.
Wait till you see how limited the traffic cameras are too. For a unit that costs more than twice as much as the top end tomtom they simply aren’t worth it IMO

the winding roads thing is shit on the garmin it really is

Have you tried it on a different bike ?

I use the Nav 6 on my KTM and it’s fucking shit. Curvy roads send you down gravel tracks and main A roads, fastest route sends you through town centres during rush hour.

As soon as the new TomTom is launched in May, the Nav 6 is gone.

you could plan your own route on the pc , more likely to end up on the roads you want

you could plan your own route on the pc , more likely to end up on the roads you want

Don’t be feckin’ rediculous. This is the 1200 section, they want to be told where to go, exactly. They have a BMW branded product on their awsome steed and it’s not helping them. They are so lost, they can’t even find the GPS section where somebody might be able to assist them. Instead, they bleat here - comfortable to be with fellow likeminds - because they happen to own a motorcycle of a specific capacity that happens to be water cooled; awsome though that is. It’s completely ruined the whole ‘Ownership experience’ that they bought into. Livin’ The Dream, they ain’t and ‘The Season’ is upon us.

Nav 6 winding roads...

Don’t be feckin’ rediculous. This is the 1200 section, they want to be told where to go, exactly. They have a BMW branded product on their awsome steed and it’s not helping them. They are so lost, they can’t even find the GPS section where somebody might be able to help them. So, instead, they bleat here because they happen to own a motorcycle of a specific capacity that happens to be water cooled; awsome though that is. It’s completely ruined the whole ‘Ownership experience’ that they bought into. Livin’ The Dream, they ain’t and ‘The Season’ is upon us.

I gave my Nav 6 back for a full refund as previously mentioned in this thread, they really are shit. Bought a Tom Tom, you should try them they are great and much cheaper than the Garmin🤣🤣

Don’t be feckin’ rediculous. This is the 1200 section, they want to be told where to go, exactly. They have a BMW branded product on their awsome steed and it’s not helping them. They are so lost, they can’t even find the GPS section where somebody might be able to help them. So, instead, they bleat here because they happen to own a motorcycle of a specific capacity that happens to be water cooled; awsome though that is. It’s completely the whole ‘Ownership experience’ that they bought into.

Er. No.
I think you’ll find we were comparing one satnav with another. The Garmin is an over priced piece of shit where as the tomtom works. The fact this post is in the wrong section is hardly crime of the century now is it.

Er. No.
I think you’ll find we were comparing one satnav with another. The Garmin is an over priced piece of shit where as the tomtom works. The fact this post is in the wrong section is hardly crime of the century now is it.

Happy with my Nav V, don't know what all the fuss is about. I thought motorcycling was about the journey anyway. Plan your routes on basecamp rather than letting a piece of satnav software try and suss out your mood and what route you might prefer.

Happy with my Nav V, don't know what all the fuss is about. I thought motorcycling was about the journey anyway. Plan your routes on basecamp rather than letting a piece of satnav software try and suss out your mood and what route you might prefer.

The Nav 5 was fine, the issue here from the OP is about the Nav 6.:blast

PS You would know what the fuss is about if you gave a kidney for the Nav 6!

So, motorcycling is freedom, yet you want to sit in front of a computer on basecamp planning a route? :blast

Living the dream :rolleyes:

the winding roads thing is shit on the garmin it really is

This is something I can agree with you on. ;-)

I had plotted a nice route around Norfolk. This came south out of Hunstanton, to turn left/east on the B1454. My nice new Nav V was set to Windy routes. So it took me right/west off the A149, all round the one-way streets in Heacham and back out onto the A149, ready to turn onto the B1454. I never used the option again. Sheesh!

Don’t be feckin’ rediculous. This is the 1200 section, they want to be told where to go, exactly. They have a BMW branded product on their awsome steed and it’s not helping them. They are so lost, they can’t even find the GPS section where somebody might be able to assist them. Instead, they bleat here - comfortable to be with fellow likeminds - because they happen to own a motorcycle of a specific capacity that happens to be water cooled; awsome though that is. It’s completely ruined the whole ‘Ownership experience’ that they bought into. Livin’ The Dream, they ain’t and ‘The Season’ is upon us.

Interesting amount of assumptions there.
Firstly, apologies if my post in this section offends you, of course you could always not be a complete cnut.
As a veteran of the Royal Signals, i can assure you that my navigation skills are far superior to the average joe, indeed i would wager that my map & compass skills far outweigh yours.
Oh and as a biker of over 30 years, my "season" appears to be a long one.
No bleating here, if you had more than a single brain cell you would see i was asking a question.

Perhaps this forum should have a new section, next to the GPS one if you like, just for smug twats like you who have nothing of any value to add. We could call it "Wanker Box" im sure you would fit right in.

For those kind enough to reply with sensible responses - thank you.

Interesting amount of assumptions there.
Firstly, apologies if my post in this section offends you, of course you could always not be a complete cnut.
As a veteran of the Royal Signals, i can assure you that my navigation skills are far superior to the average joe, indeed i would wager that my map & compass skills far outweigh yours.
Oh and as a biker of over 30 years, my "season" appears to be a long one.
No bleating here, if you had more than a single brain cell you would see i was asking a question.

Perhaps this forum should have a new section, next to the GPS one if you like, just for smug twats like you who have nothing of any value to add. We could call it "Wanker Box" im sure you would fit right in.

For those kind enough to reply with sensible responses - thank you.

Haha as a fellow vet, take that you twat....Excellent fella and I thank you for your service even if it was a da dit corps :D

The Nav 5 was fine, the issue here from the OP is about the Nav 6.:blast

PS You would know what the fuss is about if you gave a kidney for the Nav 6!

Yes I can bloody read but then the subject turned to garmin vs Tom tom. Was the Nav 6 much more expensive when new than the 5 or did I just give half a kidney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom