VSys X2 Install

Jaz

Reaction score
Save hijacking TeapotOne's thread someone mentioned they had one of these installed.
Got mine today and installed it on my 2016 Triple Black with a bit more difficulty since the space under the seat is now massively compromised by the BOSCH sensor stuck right in the middle of it. Upshot is there is no room to fit the DVR under the seat but as it (now at least) comes with a waterproof case that has GoPro style mount I have managed to mount it under the rear pannier mount and since I ride with them on all the time it's not that obvious.

(The GPS is just tied there temporarily to see how it goes but not sure it will work when I take a pillion)

With the seat installed it's almost hidden:

The rear camera is mounted just behind:

Front I am going to try this option, mounted to my headlight protector:

And the emergency button just sticks to the wind deflectors:

It has their "smart power supply" so just ties directly into the battery and kicks on/off with voltage change or vibration.

Now just need to get some time to get out on the road and try it out !!!

Very interested in this, where did you buy it from and how much was it?

I realised there is a large space at the very tail of the unit that would probably fit the unit without the case on it BUT it does mean taking the tail unit off to access it since the box that is fixed at the top of the wheel arch has only the one screw accessible when the tail unit is on so you cant take it out of the way to access the unit. If the wi-fi app is OK (not looked at it yet) then it would probably be a suitable location if you are using it for incidents rather than to review a ride.

Well looks like I lied about having to remove the tail, at least without the waterproof case.

You don't need to push it all the way in just enough for the rear seat to fit. It's a bit of a narrow fit so I would (and have now) stick a old phone screen protector on it to save some scratches (sigh).

I know it's not a waterproof area but should be sufficient in most conditions and probably wise to remove before jet washing or possibly put it in a zip lock bag though I haven't run it for long enough yet to know how warm it gets.

I've been using V-Sys systems on my bike for a couple of years now and have always been impressed. The latest (M2F) is excellent and the addition of the waterproof housing is great. Mine is connected through a Power Commander box on the bike which means it is switched on and off automatically with the ignition key. The only additional requirement I would request would be the ability to set a default view on the monitor. At the moment the monitor displays a split screen showing part of both the front and rear camera output. This can be changed by taking the DVR out of it's housing and using the hard buttons and menu system to change the view but after a few moments, it always flips back to the default view. Other than identifying that both cameras are working this isn't much use. What I would like to be able to do is set the rear camera only to be the default view and for this setting to be persistent. This would enable me to use the camera as a rear view mirror. This would be a great additional safety device. Would also like a lockable waterproof housing option.

Attachments

• 20180604_082633.jpg
    20180604_082633.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 397
  • 20180604_082641.jpg
    20180604_082641.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 402
I've installed my Vsys in a slightly different way. I don't need to see the DVR screen so decided to tuck it away under the rear cowl, which obviously isn't waterproof, so had to get a case that seems to do the job. Cost me £2.55.

CaseOpen.jpg

CaseClosed.jpg

CaseHalfHidden.jpg

CaseHidden.jpg

Hi, would you recommend this then? How big is the storage/dvr, can you Wi-fi to another device, why is there no uk supplier, or is there?
Not being awkward or anything, genuinely interested in this sort of set up, was going to purchase a very similar system from a uk supplier, but they stopped making/supporting?
Look forward to your reply 😃👍

I can recommend it. I've been using it for two years now and it's worked flawlessly for me. The DVR storage is a removable micro SD card so it depends what size card you use. No idea why they don't have a UK supplier but as with many chinese business's they appear to prefer selling direct.

Thanks for the quick reply������

Resurrecting and old thread but I have just ordered one of these from ALiExpress before I saw this thread. I was just wondering if any one had any experience of fitting it to a Hexezcan? I have an unused ez can and thoughts I'd fit that and the cameras to save patching in to the bikes loom.

Resurrecting and old thread but I have just ordered one of these from ALiExpress before I saw this thread. I was just wondering if any one had any experience of fitting it to a Hexezcan? I have an unused ez can and thoughts I'd fit that and the cameras to save patching in to the bikes loom.

No experience of the actual camera but there is no reason why it wouldn’t work when wired to the EZcan. I use the extra power outlet on my EZcan with a USB connector and plug my Drift Stealth for continuous power supply and have the camera mounted to the top box.

HTB1q2QIc7xz61VjSZFtq6yDSVXaK.jpg

HTB1fUpmbgFY.1VjSZFnq6AFHXXa9.jpg

HTB1X9A4ea5s3KVjSZFNq6AD3FXaw.jpg

No experience of the actual camera but there is no reason why it wouldn’t work when wired to the EZcan. I use the extra power outlet on my EZcan with a USB connector and plug my Drift Stealth for continuous power supply and have the camera mounted to the top box.

Hi, If you use the USB power source please note it can't save the last file since the supercapacitor which used to save the last file is built in the power module.

Back
Top Bottom