17 inch wheels on GS-LC

Reggie if you ever get bored with those wheels or sell the bike for something else please let me have first dibs on the wheel kit it looks the tits

Rob

Rob
I transferred the wheels over to a 40 year which has 460 miles now after a quick blast this morning.
054f7c57b9cf00417aec6471366db2df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fitted a seventeen inch front wheel set up to my 13 plate Gs lc, after market wire wheels I bought secondhand complete with pilot road 4 and tyre monitors fitted. The bike can be seem on Mitchell’s motorcycles website. It made the bike lower so I could get my feet flat footed on the ground, handled quicker.

I fitted a seventeen inch front wheel set up to my 13 plate Gs lc, after market wire wheels I bought secondhand complete with pilot road 4 and tyre monitors fitted. The bike can be seem on Mitchell’s motorcycles website. It made the bike lower so I could get my feet flat footed on the ground, handled quicker.

I remember yours. You got an eBay bargain? Looks really good. I like the spokes.

Almost 3 years later I went from 1200 ADV to 1250 GS with sports-suspension which is the GS-ADV set-up.Still no 17" wheels but cast ones from BMW which are approximately 1 kilo lighter per wheel if I remember right because I don't want to decrease ground clearance and further decrease the trail which means less stability...I'm excited that Metzeler will come out with the M9RR in GS sizes...:thumb2 But to be honest on the street what more do you need than a CTA3 or PST2 ? As the M9RR will be only better on the track when the 2 mentioned will get too hot after a few spirited laps at the cost of accelerated wear...

Happy 17s

Hi guys this caught my attention before I knew Skid06 was a mate who lives local, after a few talks all the items were sourced and delivered, I went R1200rt front 2014 they bolt straight in with stock spacers, also discs are 320mm but had some top hat spacer made up, a K1300s 6" rear at the back.

It's been like that just over a year, I returned to stock wheels over winter and hated riding it, it's a 2017 gs just decided to order the 44t abs ring not that I've had any issues apart from just lately.Best mod by far but nobody seems to notice, RR front mudguard and a full Akro Ti, I'll post a pic If I figure it out lol. Keep safe guys ride on Oz.

Last edited:
Problem with little road wheels is you miss the opportunity to get mucky when you’re out and about :augie

Attachments

• 26D69875-75CF-4D13-87CD-E1A080A217AC.jpg
    26D69875-75CF-4D13-87CD-E1A080A217AC.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 486
@adioz
What happened with the ABS ring that you are changing yours? Also what size rear tire did you go with?
I have an RT front wheel on the way to start piecing this all together.

Reggie353, I love the look of your bike! Simply stunning! I like the look of the MIVV end can too, how do you find it? Noisy or nice? With or without the removable bafflle tube?

53ec3ae7daecfc4d92d23d2b379c3be7.jpg

Great run today with my mate on a Multistrada on the way to the Cookstown 100. You would really need to be on a track day to run out of ground clearance, or maybe I’m not trying hard enough. Thanks for all the comments.

I do not see a messaging button, maybe i dont get access to that.. I have a few questions about your wheel setup. Is it the factory ABS sensor? What is the width of your rear wheel and tire size on the rear?
Thanks! I have a 17 inch front on the way.

Had a 190 50 17 in rear had no issues for over a year, decided to fit a 190 55 17 and it kept throwing faults up no cruise control or quick shifter, turned out the circumference of the 55 profile was out of the abs parameters so it went into shit its pants mode, bought the abs ring but sold the lot before I could try.

There's some great info in this post, particularly helpful for me since I want to change the wheels on my 2016 LC for a 17" front and wider rear. I read in another post that fitting a wider rear R/RS wheel to a GS would require a R/RS swingarm swap to maintan the alignment of front and rear wheels. Apparently, this is because the R/RS swingarm has a slight bend in it to allow for the extra width.

My question is, do I need to buy the entire swingarm assembly, including rear diff, drive shaft and control arms from the R/RS or can I just source and retrofit the main R/RS swingarm and use the bits from GS?

As for the front wheel, Adioz mentioned that a 2014 1200RT wheel fits right up but also mentioned something about a 44 tooth ABS ring. What's the difference between the ABS ring on the 19" wheel vs the 17" wheel?

just the swinging arm you don't need the diff...ABS ring not needed the guy put the wrong profile tyre on, RT rear will show about 12mm offset so the RS Swinger will correct it,
i have one PM me if interested

Back
Top Bottom