Solo To Morocco - 99% Road

Any time. I'm no expert but a few bits of pre trip admin saves literally hours at port and check in to hotels.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

mainly on the roads with a bit of taste piste thrown in

I have always visited Morocco for the piste, but some of the roads are great and I'd understand a sports bike rider going there, just for those. The road sections rarely receive any comment - they're way better than most people would guess.

Agreed. Some of the minor roads are great. Not fast but just south of Chefchauen I rode a single lane track for about 50 miles. A few bits of shale a few bits of sand and a lot of concrete. Great views looking left onto huge lake.

Ended up having sweet tea and a small snack in locals house.

Would never find that on a "regular" tour.

I'm an unsocial bastard so going into strangers house was uncomfy at first but they were great people

Around here fab
eddc551e3a917078c06994fbc36b0b6c.jpg

Nice one, looks like a good trip and plenty of handy tips. Always handy to meet someone on the ferry or in a long queue that you can share sentry duties with.

I find the bingo, magician etc on the ferry are much better when served with beer. Last one I was one there were 3 girls singing, 2 slim, one "heavy" build. Boat was rolling a lot and the slim ones stood and sang, the third couldn't keep her place and was running from one side of the stage to the other. It was a pity in some ways as the noise was quite good and you were distracted trying to predict the next run.

Sadly our singers sounded like a cat being set about with a Bunsen burner.

To be fair she did have great top knackers so not entirely talentless.

I have always visited Morocco for the piste, but some of the roads are great and I'd understand a sports bike rider going there, just for those. The road sections rarely receive any comment - they're way better than most people would guess.

Agreed. For solo trip its still a good destination for the roads as you say.

With N to S Spain too it makes for good variety also :)

Thanks for taking the time to bring us along on your trip :thumb2
9 years since I tripped there , reading that is giving me itchy feet for another :thumb2

Ps all the best with your health

One in the early stages of planning for me...maybe 2021. Thanks so much for taking the time. Great read and very informative :beerjug:

You're all v kind regarding the health thing. I was recently assessed as cured of everything pet ct scan was totally clear so I've got my life back and indeed job. God bless the NHS.

Regarding the trip. It you need any help advice whatever PM me and we can chat about it.

Hope your trip goes well.
Mark

Back
Top Bottom