Chimay Road Race 2018

Just a quick reminder that this is getting closer and you’ll only kick yourselves if you leave it until the last minute and crossings are more expensive.

We're on the overnighter from ULL wednesday tea time; will be at Chimay for dinner time; my PA did all the booking ,:D. If you're there before us, make sure the Frogs hav'nt nicked our spot.:beerjug:

I shall arrive via the tunnel and hope to be in situ by Wednesday afternoon, to beat those germins

We're on the overnighter from ULL wednesday tea time; will be at Chimay for dinner time; my PA did all the booking ,:D. If you're there before us, make sure the Frogs hav'nt nicked our spot.:beerjug:

We’re expecting to arrive by about 10am on Friday, maybe earlier so we’ll be there after you. I’m hoping we’re in the same place because it makes me laugh when I see you drying your undercrackers on your tent and trying to behave because your wife is there :D

Paul who was on the KTM last year will be there but in the car with his wife so make sure you take the piss :thumb2

I shall arrive via the tunnel and hope to be in situ by Wednesday afternoon, to beat those germins

Where are you stopping? We’re going to be in the municipal site closer to town so if you’re going to be there drop me a pm with your phone number and you can join in taking the piss out of Snelly and his attempts at personal hygiene :D

Where are you stopping? We’re going to be in the municipal site closer to town so if you’re going to be there drop me a pm with your phone number and you can join in taking the piss out of Snelly and his attempts at personal hygiene :D
Also at the municipal site :thumb I will pm you.

:D:D:D

I know it’s early to forecast weather for Chimay but my phone says rain Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Bring an umbrella Ken or do you want us to bung an extra one in for you?

My app says, rain Thursday, dry Friday, showers Sat and Sun.. I'm staying 6 miles away, bringing my wife.

My phone has now decided it’ll be 25c and sunny Saturday and Sunday though we may have showers on Friday. Nobody ever claimed the Ardennes were predictable :D

My phone has now decided it’ll be 25c and sunny Saturday and Sunday though we may have showers on Friday. Nobody ever claimed the Ardennes were predictable :D

I've been keeping an eye on it already; as you know ; it can change from full piss down , to blazing sunshine almost at the drop of a hat;:D; me and her have ponchos we carry with us all the time; really verasatile piece of kit; i've worn it on the bike before with my belt fastened round my middle like fuckin rambo, trying to get back to the site in a down pour. As long as it's warm ; i can cope with the wet. Everthing all packed and ready for strapping to the bike wednesday; bring it on boy.:beerjug:

Last edited:
I’m currently necking a beer before retiring for the night after parking the motorhome in some services about 50 miles from Chimay. That means we’ll be woken by truckers revving fuck out of their engines at 6am so I’ll do what I normally do which is swear a lot, grab a coffee and a croissant then head for the circuit with the intention of getting smashed for 3 days 😀

Descriptions of the event at chimay are spot on, still
No plugs in the sinks , the place is buzzing suffering the after effects of Chimay white beer courtesy of St Marys bar, spent a few hours round the circuit and paddocks this afternoon. All indications of a very pleasant weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well what a brilliant weekend and met snelly of this parish too, he happened to be pitched next to me so we found each other without satnav 🤣, this will be a definite for my diary next year, moving on to
Luxemborg tomorrow

Today had to set an all time record at the tunnel for getting through quickly. We arrived 2 hours before our scheduled departure time, no queue at the ticket machine (got a 30 minute earlier slot) then one car in front each time at both French and UK passport control.

Last night one of our group had a 2hr wait to get through passport control, was told he’d be on an 06:30 train rather than his 21:00 booking, finally got on one at about midnight then because he was in a rush to get home he set off a camera on the M25 😀

Still, that’s another cracking weekend in the sun with classic racing as an added bonus.

Well what a brilliant weekend and met snelly of this parish too, he happened to be pitched next to me so we found each other without satnav ��, this will be a definite for my diary next year, moving on to
Luxemborg tomorrow

Just got back this morning after a good ride back; ( no camera's buzzed; at least i dont think we have); good to meet up with you Bob. If we make Gedinne i'll give you a heads up on here. Hope you managed to check out a few of those sites i mentioned.Have a good trip. Chimay blue; 9% a dam fine gulp.:beerjug:

Today had to set an all time record at the tunnel for getting through quickly. We arrived 2 hours before our scheduled departure time, no queue at the ticket machine (got a 30 minute earlier slot) then one car in front each time at both French and UK passport control.

Last night one of our group had a 2hr wait to get through passport control, was told he’d be on an 06:30 train rather than his 21:00 booking, finally got on one at about midnight then because he was in a rush to get home he set off a camera on the M25 ��

Still, that’s another cracking weekend in the sun with classic racing as an added bonus.

All back and packed down now; cheers for the loan of that power monkey Andy; it managed to keep an electric fag in the Mrs face all weekend; did me a big favour :D. Good to here you all got back well. Top weekend :beerjug: If the postman brings me a little brucie bonus from the ride down; i'll let you know.:blast

Glad to hear you had a safe return, yes Chimay beer is the champ, I have had a couple of days in Luxembourg and onward tomorrow to the Mosel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom