I think I’ll do a lap...

AndyB_11

Still waiting
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Of Gedinne circuit on Saturday :thumb2

I’m away tomorrow morning to catch the 11:10 ferry to Calais then annoying the locals all the way to Bouillon and heading home again on Sunday. I’ll not ask for a decent route there because we’ll be cracking on in an effort to get an early start on the beers then Saturday will be spent aimlessly riding around the Ardennes with the only destination that’s even a maybe being Gedinne to spank the KTM around the circuit. Sunday a more scenic ride back to Calais and that’s it.

Should I be brave and not bother taking any waterproof gear then hope it doesn’t rain?

Scorchio in Holland at the moment and forecast more of the same for the next week or so.

I know, that’s why I made the last minute decision to join a group of friends and go. This time yesterday afternoon I was having a beer on the ferry from Lerwick to Aberdeen so trip planning and preparation are down there at zero level. I’ve popped down to the nearest fuel station and filled the bike, fitted my Ventura rack and wiped a few of the dead flies off my leather jacket because they looked like little patches of mould so now it’s just a case of throw a few clothes and a travel adapator for my phone into the bag and I’m done :thumb2

I love spontaneous bike trips to Europe, especially when the weather forecast is good :D

What’s the story with being allowed access to the track? Is it a pre book thing or something quirky?

It’s a road circuit so if you know where it goes and don’t act the clown through the short built up section it’s great fun to ride with some good changes of elevation, fast bits and nasty off camber corners.

It’s a road circuit so if you know where it goes and don’t act the clown through the short built up section it’s great fun to ride with some good changes of elevation, fast bits and nasty off camber corners.

Lucky guy; That's the way to do it; none of this long winded malarky; just a few essentials and a wallet; and a big dose of sunshine; have a good un and watch out for that nasty uphill off camber left on your way to the start finish:beerjug:

Take plenty of Euros for speeding fines. I was made to go to a cash machine to pay once.

Been there, done that and lost an hour of my life at a German police station while they decided whether or not to impound all our bikes :blast

Fortunately they didn’t impound the bikes because I was on my wifes spare one after smashing mine up on the first day of the holiday.

I’m now the biggest bastard alive as far as one of our cats is concerned. Because my leather jacket was on the floor of our living room alongside a tankbag and the Ventura luggage pack ready to be grabbed in the morning he kept sitting on it until I finally gave up and put it where he couldn’t get near it so he’s pacing around in a bad mood :D

Change of plan. We’re now visiting Mettet, Chimay and Gedinne. Mettet you can’t really do a lap but we might as well visit anyway.

We’ve got 3 bikes, a claimed 535bhp between them, 3 riders with race experience and 2 unwary pillions so a fun day is guaranteed 😀

Cab is moaning on Facebook you have made him unwell, the lightweight faux frog. I assume he is not joining your mentalist group and receiving counselling from your wife?

I upset him by telling him that if after 20 years of living in France his ability to hold a conversation in French was below that of his 7 year old he should admit to being a retard.

That was after telling him that he was borderline being a stateless person because he no longer has a vote in the UK and he doesn’t have one in France so nobody actually wants him.

Funnily enough there was no enthusiasm from the rest of the lightweights to join Neal, Patrick and myself for our day out in the Ardennes 😀

I upset him by telling him that if after 20 years of living in France his ability to hold a conversation in French was below that of his 7 year old he should admit to being a retard.

That was after telling him that he was borderline being a stateless person because he no longer has a vote in the UK and he doesn’t have one in France so nobody actually wants him.

Funnily enough there was no enthusiasm from the rest of the lightweights to join Neal, Patrick and myself for our day out in the Ardennes ��

I knew exactly which 3 would be involved. Is Pat still married and Neal still in a relationship?

I knew exactly which 3 would be involved. Is Pat still married and Neal still in a relationship?

Both pillions came back smiling so all went well. Apparently Maria screamed with the intensity increasing at the same rate as the speed went up at one point and Vanessa just said she hadn’t expected what happened but basically the H2 went into warp drive, the XR hit the rev limiter and the old mans touring bike just displayed a red flashing light. Apart from that we behaved remarkably well even though we did laps of Chimay and Gedinne.

If you don’t do the chicane at the end of the start/finish straight the lap doesn’t count :rob

Back
Top Bottom