1290 GT doing what it’s supposed to do

Too late, my favoured supplier doesn’t do Metzeler tyres and I’ll be happy with the options available.

Any of the choices are better than me and I like to have an excuse or two in the bag 😀

FYI

KTM Centre from Hemel Hempstead is at Oakley Motorcycle Club today. Might be worth a ride over. Food is good and beer is cheapish.

Address: Oakley Sports & Social Club, Church Lane, Oakley MK43 7RU

Linky: https://oakleymc.net/

FYI

KTM Centre from Hemel Hempstead is at Oakley Motorcycle Club today. Might be worth a ride over. Food is good and beer is cheapish.

Address: Oakley Sports & Social Club, Church Lane, Oakley MK43 7RU

Linky: https://oakleymc.net/

I’d have been tempted but I’m sat in a pub garden more than 250 miles from Oakley after deciding at 16:30 that happy hour in the pub was a better proposition than machining trials on steam nozzles.

It wasn’t a difficult choice because my weekday residence for the last 5 months has been a flat belonging to the pub owner and I get a fixed amount of free beers so I hammer happy hour then go for the free ones later 🍺

Andy let me urge you to get Metzler Roadtec 01

They put Michelin PR4s on for me and they’re a decent enough tyre so I’m happy with them on the GT for a few thousand miles of touring. The owner of the place I use was in today and he said the person doing the purchasing had asked him what would be best and he told them not to mess about, just buy a pair of PR4s and he done with it :thumb2

They put Michelin PR4s on for me and they’re a decent enough tyre so I’m happy with them on the GT for a few thousand miles of touring. The owner of the place I use was in today and he said the person doing the purchasing had asked him what would be best and he told them not to mess about, just buy a pair of PR4s and he done with it :thumb2

Great tyres and I used to swear by them my only criticism of PR4 was they are prone to puncture the sipes seem to suck in every nail in the county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve used them on two different bikes in the past and while they’re not what I’d describe as being leading edge in the dry if it starts raining it’s only mental issues make you slow down because they really do work well on wet roads.

Because a puncture can cost a day and wreck a holiday I’ve done my normal trick of packing a repair kit and a 12v pump for while we’re away. I’m a bit OCD when it comes to being stopped by stupid things so I’ve got extra tools, a 12v booster for flat battery issues, the puncture repair kit and a crash repair kit of gaffer tape plus cable ties all packed away nicely in a waterproof bag. I’ve used up a complete pannier on the GT packing that lot along with a travel umbrella (Ducati branded :D) a Helinox chair, a pile of maps and a couple of ratchet straps for off the beaten trail ferries that we may or may not use.

I’m a bloke so clothing gets washed in the sink and rinsed in the shower which means the other pannier easily holds 18 days worth a clobber plus a few other bits and pieces then a roll bag straps over the top and I’ll use that for overnight ferry or single night hotel stop changes of clothing.

My wife though, well she’s got two hard panniers, a top box, a 30l roll bag and a big tank bag but she’s still asking if I’ve got any room she can use in my roll bag :blast

f346b1c79f59e9830718ed8a80eb449b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom