SANEF tag

Pay with card, your bank charges you a fee for each transaction - could be several each day.
Pay with tag you only get charged once a month when you pay the bill.

No charges on my Halifax Card :) Also get the going exchange rate so cheaper than changing cash.

Or £26 up from (£6 fee, plus £20 Deposit) then another £5 fee the first time I use it, so £31 for the privilege of using the card on my first and last day of our annual pilgrimage, I can see it being good for anyone who uses these roads a lot, but we typically only have a couple of days a year when we have to pay at 2-4 booths.

No charges on my Halifax Card :) Also get the going exchange rate so cheaper than changing cash.

Or £26 up from (£6 fee, plus £20 Deposit) then another £5 fee the first time I use it, so £31 for the privilege of using the card on my first and last day of our annual pilgrimage, I can see it being good for anyone who uses these roads a lot, but we typically only have a couple of days a year when we have to pay at 2-4 booths.

Then don't get one if it is a bad fit for you.

I put this in the 'spotted a deal' section a couple of years, just checked and it looks to be still valid.
If you apply via the Eurotunnel website you can apply for free and get reduced yearly fee from the 2nd year onwards.

https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/traveller-info/sanef-tolling/

Hth
2c38b703e46b8b302df3ea81b17834a8.jpg

I ordered mine yesterday using that deal. You just need your booking number and put it in as a promotional code no spaces between the numbers.

By the way the costs are in Euro not pounds.Using it as you do, If you spread it over say 3 years then the actual cost is only €9. The €20 for the sender is refundable when you send the item back after say the 3 years (in this example) so can't be taken as a true cost only the opportunity cost or interest you will get on the €20 at 0.5%pa which works out at 1 cent per annum.

Oh and what about using the card when VISA goes down again?

Oh and what about using the card when VISA goes down again?

Cash - I never leave home without some!

I would need to do a lot more miles to get one, probably only spend an average of €25 a year on tolls, so even with the €3 discounted second year and €10 usage fee I would be spending 50% more on top of the deposit money, if I did not avoid the motorways as much it would be quite handy, but typically we do the first 2-4 hours in France on Motorways and then switch to back roads, sometimes we put up with Belgian Pot Holes / Road Works / Traffic (like using the Motorways at home) and avoid tolls altogether.

as posted in another thread, there is another version from http://www.aprr.fr/fr - the initial costs are lower with no deposit plus no annual fee, just an admin fee every month you use it
Website is in French only but I used Chrome to translate the bits I was not sure about.
I have opted for the France plus Iberia option.

as posted in another thread, there is another version from http://www.aprr.fr/fr - the initial costs are lower with no deposit plus no annual fee, just an admin fee every month you use it
Website is in French only but I used Chrome to translate the bits I was not sure about.
I have opted for the France plus Iberia option.

It used to require a French bank account to get the French card, so interesting news that you are able to complete your order. It could save many of us a bob or two

If you don't use a tank bag, an alternative way to make your token visible to the toll booth readers is to place it in a waterproof mobile phone carrier worn on the arm.

It used to require a French bank account to get the French card, so interesting news that you are able to complete your order. It could save many of us a bob or two

they accept credit cards now - I used a "B" Mastercard issued by Yorkshire Bank. No loading of the exchange rate on this card. You get a bill for each month you use the card and then the take payment from the credit card. You can also do it via IBAN from a current account. The Mastercard has better protection if their system gets hacked.

They've been taking UK credit/debit cards for some years now.

Just got my ATMB bill for May trip to the Med.
Used 30kph lanes every time. Recognised as a bike all the time - class 5.
The only bit of buggeration was around Reims where one of the peages insisted we take a ticket going and coming.

Back
Top Bottom