AF-XIED for R1200 LC

Before installing the AF-XIEDs on my 2017RT it seemed I had to use more throttle on 1st gear take-off than with my R1150. Now I find even second gear starts on the 2017 are pretty easy.

Last week I installed the AF-XIED on my 2001GS and the idle increased 100 RPM, a clear sign of the increased low end torque.

Hi Roger - yes that’s what I mean by low Revs manners. I can pull away in 2 nd now with ease, in first from just over tickover. It’s all a much smoother and more relaxed experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Update Sitrep: OMG. What a difference. The bike just gets smoother and smoother over a wider rev range. Roll on from low revs is much better, so less stirring the box, and the little extra things - GSAP works perfectly now, and pulling away with HHC engaged is a predictable, quiet and relaxed affair.

Can't recommend this highly enough.

Hi Roger - yes that’s what I mean by low Revs manners. I can pull away in 2 nd now with ease, in first from just over tickover. It’s all a much smoother and more relaxed experience.

I got my add on today, any tips for adding it to the original AF-XiED set up please.

Thanks in advance.

I have the AF-XiED on my 2007 Hexhead and it has made a substantial difference.
Is it as effective on the LC??

Sent from a U11

I have the AF-XiED on my 2007 Hexhead and it has made a substantial difference.
Is it as effective on the LC??

Sent from a U11

Oh yes - that’s what mine is fitted to: 2018 TB GSA. But you need the extra units as described above in the thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

This is my layout:

Plug loom in at lambda probe, zip tie new connector to the existing one :

7cba0b4cbf12c84f2fcf1db63dc3c5b2.jpg

Route the cables up to the under seat area:

1460e05341fa6d37a6bc39faeea1ccce.jpg
a10e99e1623ecc534657eef3b3f513b4.jpg
e2da61d8ad1be23ccad622c4fc960af1.jpg

Then I got a bit of flat material and connected it to the top of the ecu with Velcro pads, and stuck the units to it:

9f1a1d14474a438c9d6f99d6198e45b1.jpg

Thanks For posting the pictures up Nin. I connected my add on’s up on Saturday, but looks untidy and messy at the side of yours. You have given me an idea with the Velcro pads....:thumb2

This is my layout:...……...

Then I got a bit of flat material and connected it to the top of the ecu with Velcro pads, and stuck the units to it:

9f1a1d14474a438c9d6f99d6198e45b1.jpg

I don't mean to rain on anyones parade, but that is a lot of boxes.

I hope Nightrider is working on a more compact solution, as this is a waste of space.

Here is one that does the same job…

26809491767_d691729327_z.jpg

The box is not sealed yet, as I am still considering alterations.
26919250637_423fc5ccc4_z.jpg

I keep it on top of the battery, underneath the fuel tank.

You are Charles Martel, and I claim my £5

I have to admit that I need the help of Google to learn about C.M

Even though I know the AF-XIED works (I have one on my F800GS), the introduction of the R1200 and now Euro-4 has made the system way over-complicated.

My DIY box runs the whole show with just one single chip (+ supportchips such as LEDs for indicating and viltage reulator for stable power and pushbutton for selecting intensity), and even the small box could easily be made at less than half size of what it is if it was made industral. I just made it that big to get more space when soldering by hand.

I'll pass on the killings though :green gri

That looks nice. What year is your bike?

P.S. Nightrider’s first priority was backwards compatibility so that all existing customers had a solution. I think you’ll find they have many new options under development.

That looks nice. What year is your bike?

P.S. Nightrider’s first priority was backwards compatibility so that all existing customers had a solution. I think you’ll find they have many new options under development.

It's a -15, BMSX upgraded to Euro-4, software date 05-18.
I had to adjust the software slightly after the Euro-4 upgrade, as it started to throw "Voltage out of range" codes every 5 startup or so, but after adjustment to the parameters it's now working without triggering faultcodes.

Happy to hear about Nightrider.
Just to be Clear. I have absolutely no ambition of starting my own production line. I just made it to prove to my self that is was doable :D

Yes, I’ve been there and done that too—and I also have no interest being in the business myself. What a few of us testing found was that we couldn’t get compatibility on all bikes, all the time, by only adjusting start parameters for the AF-XIED. As a result Steve made a backward-compatible HW solution that didn’t cost too much.

I run a pair AF-XIEDs in my 2017 RTW and an Innovate LC-2 on my 2001 R1150GS. They each have benefits.

Yes, I’ve been there and done that too—and I also have no interest being in the business myself. What a few of us testing found was that we couldn’t get compatibility on all bikes, all the time, by only adjusting start parameters for the AF-XIED. As a result Steve made a backward-compatible HW solution that didn’t cost too much.

I run a pair AF-XIEDs in my 2017 RTW and an Innovate LC-2 on my 2001 R1150GS. They each have benefits.

I did not have to worry about previously made units and compatibility. What I did for it work is that it duplicates exactly how it would be if the manipulator was not there. To deal with the fault check by the BMSX I start by using the output as an input and reads the exact bias voltage. Then I let the output go tri-state and activates it when the O2 sensor warms up and generates a voltage higher than the bias.

Back
Top Bottom