AF-XIED for R1200 LC

Please point me to the TPS reset method 👍

Disconnect batt for at least 30 secs. Re connect and turn on ignition. Once self tests etc complete, slowly rotate throttle from min to max and back again. Then repeat throttle movement again as before.

That should do it

Please point me to the TPS reset method ��

Method I used without having to disconnect the battery was

Turn engine on but do not start engine

roll the throttle all the way back and all the way forward 3 times, turn off the engine, then turn on engine let bike do self checks, start up the engine and go and have a ride and see if it has helped, you can do this procedure as many times as you wish, some say it worked after 2 times as they think they may not have done it correctly the first time, it costs nothing, and cannot do any damage, throttle roll is just nice and smooth like as if you where riding the bike to go all the way back and then roll all the way forward..;)

So I did this method of TPS reset a few days ago and it made a really noticeable improvement to throttle response and smoothness across the board on my 2018 GSA Rallye. Well worth the 5 mins it took to do.

•Step 1: Hold the throttle to the 100% wide open position and do not let go.
•Step 2: With the throttle still held fully open, turn on the ignition (but don’t start the engine) and allow for all checks to complete.
•Step 3: Turn off the ignition.
•Step 4: Close the throttle.
•Step 5: With the throttle fully closed, turn on the ignition (but don’t start the engine) and allow for all checks to complete.
•Step 6: Turn off the ignition.
•Step 7: Without touching the throttle start the engine and allow it to idle for a minimum of 3 minutes.

So there seems to be a few variations of how to do a TPS, does any have the "official" BMW method from the service manual?

So I did this method of TPS reset a few days ago and it made a really noticeable improvement to throttle response and smoothness across the board on my 2018 GSA Rallye. Well worth the 5 mins it took to do.

•Step 1: Hold the throttle to the 100% wide open position and do not let go.
•Step 2: With the throttle still held fully open, turn on the ignition (but don’t start the engine) and allow for all checks to complete.
•Step 3: Turn off the ignition.
•Step 4: Close the throttle.
•Step 5: With the throttle fully closed, turn on the ignition (but don’t start the engine) and allow for all checks to complete.
•Step 6: Turn off the ignition.
•Step 7: Without touching the throttle start the engine and allow it to idle for a minimum of 3 minutes.

So there seems to be a few variations of how to do a TPS, does any have the "official" BMW method from the service manual?

:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2 thanks for confirming what I have been saying for a while, it does make a difference.

Good question Boshman. I don't know about BMW, but on my 2014 Tiger (I'm assuming it's a similar procedure for many modern bikes) to reset the fuelling in terms of what the Triumph Owners club called the "12 minute tune" you started on a cold engine, no throttle, started the engine and left until the fans cut in. You left it idling for a further 12 minutes then turned everything off. I did this when fuelling was a little lean after fitting a new end can and it cured the backfiring. The TPS reset sounds more like the learning for the throttle sensor rather than a fuelling smoothing exercise in the context of the GS.

The method I posted is from the Haynes manual. Not sure if it differs from the official bmw method.

The battery disconnect is to wipe existing TPS data prior to the procedure.

Bloody eck 10 days in customs, looks like I might finally be getting them

SPEYER IFS, GERMANY
Your item was processed through a facility in SPEYER IFS, GERMANY on July 16, 2019 at 2:15 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination

Bloody eck 10 days in customs, looks like I might finally be getting them

SPEYER IFS, GERMANY
Your item was processed through a facility in SPEYER IFS, GERMANY on July 16, 2019 at 2:15 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination
Don't hold your breath....

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I custom clear goods that I import myself, that way there is no Royal Mail/Parcel Farce handling fee due, yet still they unlawfully delay and tamper with my goods and attempt to charge me their fees.

Arrived today 85 euros thieving EU barstewards 79 tax and another 6 euros for god knows what, well anyway units are very very well built, will not be fitting for a few days, as just fitted the dashcam and might have to move wires or boxes of the dashcam around under the seat, need a bit of thought.

Arrived today 85 euros thieving EU barstewards 79 tax and another 6 euros for god knows what, well anyway units are very very well built, will not be fitting for a few days, as just fitted the dashcam and might have to move wires or boxes of the dashcam around under the seat, need a bit of thought.

FWIW.
On my -15 GSA there was available space underneath the BMSX. Not a dance hall, but the ECU is fitted a couple of cm above the floor of the tray..

Something for the weekend, Sir?

FWIW.
On my -15 GSA there was available space underneath the BMSX. Not a dance hall, but the ECU is fitted a couple of cm above the floor of the tray..

Cheers Knutk, will be looking to put them maybe under the seat on the ECU, if I have time, that way I can get easier access to the little dial in arrow, if needed to change settings, first I need to figure out what goes where.........:D

Cheers Knutk, will be looking to put them maybe under the seat on the ECU, if I have time, that way I can get easier access to the little dial in arrow, if needed to change settings, first I need to figure out what goes where.........:D

Sounds like an excellent plan :D

Ok gents slight bit of help needed to make sure the little sockets circled in RED below in the pictures are the correct one,s I need to unhook to insert in between the AF-XIED piggy backs, I followed the cables from the bottom best I could, but need to be a 100% sure, pictures below are right side and left side, bike is a 2017 LC

Right side of bike

Left side of bike

I can’t tell exactly but I don’t think so. Follow the wire from the O2 sensor. On my bike they are under the exhaust pipe on each side, or nearly so.

Back
Top Bottom