AF-XIED for R1200 LC

I’d have to think about how that could be modified. It would give bmw the ultimate flexibility to get fueling correct. They could choose closed loop operation at virtually any combustible AFR.

I run a wideband on my R1150.

Well like I have already mentioned in another thread it seems BMW are locking everything down and will basically make any effort at tuning their newer bikes either useless or a miracle, but hey there is always someone who will claim to have made a miracle happen, many believe they are Jesus.

Well like I have already mentioned in another thread it seems BMW are locking everything down and will basically make any effort at tuning their newer bikes either useless or a miracle, but hey there is always someone who will claim to have made a miracle happen, many believe they are Jesus.

Quite frankly, i think they have it spot on with the 1250, so tuning won't be required. Well not as it stands just now anyway.

Yay and boo

YAY!! Finally, got notification that the AF-XIED is in the country.

BOO! Bloody customs :rolleyes:

Duty: £11.47
Excise: £0.00
VAT: £64.28
Other: £0.00
Clearance Fee: £12.00

Could've been worse I suppose...they could've charged something for category "Other". Oh well, you makes your choice and pays yer money :p

Could've been worse I suppose...they could've charged something for category "Other". Oh well, you makes your choice and pays yer money :p

:beerjug: patience with installation no pulling on wires. ;)

If you get it marked to be custom cleared by importer, PF can't touch it and in my experience HMRC just wave it through as it is too much of a pita for them.

Glad your bits are here. Read the instructions !

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

If you get it marked to be custom cleared by importer, PF can't touch it and in my experience HMRC just wave it through as it is too much of a pita for them.

Glad your bits are here. Read the instructions !

Bugger! Now he tells me :blast Seriously, cheers, will bear in mind for next time I buy from abroad.

Bugger! Now he tells me :blast Seriously, cheers, will bear in mind for next time I buy from abroad.
Instead of getting the letter from Prat Farce telling you to pay them, you get the same thing from HMRC and you pay them instead.

Often on small things it just goes through. Interestingly two front ends from an SP2 bought; 1 from Canada, other the US. One I got stung for duty, other one I didnt.

I object to paying them any handling charge, especially as they are now a privately owned company and there is an international agreement on deliveries.

Fnally, after much cursing and swearing, the AF-XIEDs are on the bike. Took a bit longer than I hoped but then frankly, I am fucking hopeless.

Whatever happens, it's going to be a very different machine when I take it for a test in a while; since I last rode it, it's had brand new Roadtec 01s, seat in the full high position (had to, to clear the AF-XIEDS) and a tps reset...well, one of the variants anyway!

Fnally, after much cursing and swearing, the AF-XIEDs are on the bike. Took a bit longer than I hoped but then frankly, I am fucking hopeless.

Whatever happens, it's going to be a very different machine when I take it for a test in a while; since I last rode it, it's had brand new Roadtec 01s, seat in the full high position (had to, to clear the AF-XIEDS) and a tps reset...well, one of the variants anyway!

Might take a little while for the ECU to catch up but made I larf the cursing, you are not alone, at least you done it. :D

Some people mount them to the side tubular frame. I went under the seat.

Might take a little while for the ECU to catch up but made I larf the cursing, you are not alone, at least you done it. :D
Meant to say thanks Smogbob - was really useful to refer to your installation pics throughout. Funny because, for what is ostensibly a simple fitting procedure, it's a bloody nightmare of cable/wire manipulation! Still, as you've said, it's done now.

Ecu definitely catching up...marginal immediate improvement but have only done 1/3 tank of fuel. Already there seems to be less popping on the overrun plus 30mph on a part throttle getting smoother. Been varying throttle as much as possible, lots of winding it right open - just trying to use the full range of throttle positions. :thumb

Some people mount them to the side tubular frame. I went under the seat.
Cheers Roger, I'll keep that in mind. Didn't matter where I positioned the units on my GS Rallye, the rider's seat would only close cleanly on high front and back. Having done around 80 miles so far, I've found it to be incredibly comfortable!!! Have struggled with comfort on the low seao setting, so this has really done me a service :p Only problem is, being a shortarse (5'7") I'm right at the limit of stability at a standstill!!! Will see how it goes, especially when the missus hops on pillion. If it gets too treacherous, I'll try repositioning them on the tubing, ta.

Quick update for anyone that's interested :tumbleweed

2 tanks of fuel down, bike improving all the time. It's a very different machine now compared to pre-fitment;
mega midrange pull, smooth and torquey at all revs and now generally in need of 7th. I find myself naturally riding in at least one gear higher most of the time, which has also improved MPG slightly.

Less popping on the over-run, and riding down steep hills on a closed throttle is now a much nicer experience, the bike behaving a lot less like a giant pogo stick.

Town riding is getting better, much less surging around 20 - 40mph in any gear. Still a way to go here, but I stress that the bike seems better every time I take it out.

Weirdest thing of all is that the quick shifter now works miles better, up and down the box. Find myself using it all the time and it's really added to the overall sense of smoothness that the bike now has that it never had before.

All of the above highly subjective of course - doubtless I'm looking for improvements having spent what is an awful lot of money on this gadget. Placebo? Who the fuck knows, main thing is I'm delighted with how the bike runs now, with almost every fuelling glitch or gripe no longer noticeable. Well happy!

Quick update for anyone that's interested :tumbleweed

2 tanks of fuel down, bike improving all the time. It's a very different machine now compared to pre-fitment;
mega midrange pull, smooth and torquey at all revs and now generally in need of 7th. I find myself naturally riding in at least one gear higher most of the time, which has also improved MPG slightly.

Less popping on the over-run, and riding down steep hills on a closed throttle is now a much nicer experience, the bike behaving a lot less like a giant pogo stick.

Town riding is getting better, much less surging around 20 - 40mph in any gear. Still a way to go here, but I stress that the bike seems better every time I take it out.

Weirdest thing of all is that the quick shifter now works miles better, up and down the box. Find myself using it all the time and it's really added to the overall sense of smoothness that the bike now has that it never had before.

All of the above highly subjective of course - doubtless I'm looking for improvements having spent what is an awful lot of money on this gadget. Placebo? Who the fuck knows, main thing is I'm delighted with how the bike runs now, with almost every fuelling glitch or gripe no longer noticeable. Well happy!

+1 on all of that, but do not worry we will be told it is in our heads, and we know nothing. :D thanks to Roger for all the time he has put into this wonderful plug and play invention. :bow:clap

Back
Top Bottom